• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling proud

R

Rolandrat

The most challenging day or two, mind working over time thinking of new ways to harm myself without causing more serious harm. Got into a state this morning and instead of turning to my usual vice, I called a friend and cried ( for the first time in about a year)
Still can't stop thinking about awful things and gutted my arm is still infected and in a lot of pain but proud that just that once I didn't self destroy.

In the Clouds

In the Clouds

I'm really glad you resisted your urges and used a healthy way to let emotions out. :) Very strong of you.

StillFighting

StillFighting

Well done :hug: I imagine it must have been very difficult for you, but I'm glad you called your friend :)

rubyrose

rubyrose

Glad you decided to call a friend instead. Very good decision. It takes strength to do what you did, and also vulnerability. You definitely should feel proud. :)

:hug5:

R

Rolandrat

It's tricky today, gave in briefly but back on battling. How you doing Karl ? Did you get to work ?

K

Karl L

Ive managed shift so far but its not easy. I just want to be home :(
Well done for battling through

R

Rolandrat

Keep focussed, we can do it !!!

K

Karl L

We have to. Its good to have support from others. I always thought i was alone

R

Rolandrat

No this forum shows we are not alone ever !!

K

Karl L

Ok im home now. My mind wandering a bit. Watching a movie with teddy by my side contemplating a cider or two...

R

Rolandrat

Ditch the cider, get some kip. Waking up without a hang over is ace ( don't manage it that often, but have tonight) - that sounded smug, soz.
You got through today, well done. Did you manage to cover up ok ?

K

Karl L

Luckily i was in the chillers so i could wear a jumper :)
I am tired but i cant bring myself to go to bed yet. Im too restless.
Work again tomorrow friday and saturday. Not sure how i will be. One day at a time

R

Rolandrat

Exactly, one day at a time, I can't believe how on the edge yesterday was and then different again today. Great to work in the chillers brrrrrrrr. What an excuse. How about having a cuppa ?

I'm dreading tomorrow for different reasons but plan to stay up and watch the election all night (yawn) -make some use out of this insomnia.
Tomorrow is another day ! Good luck