• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling overwhelmed or numb nothing inbetween

P

perform

I think I’m depressed. I’m 36 and don’t take much joy in anything anymore. I care about my wife and her happiness but my own is beyond my grasp. I can’t relate to music or games or reading or any other hobby like I did when I was younger. My career is stagnant. I make enough to get by but I don’t seem to have the motivation to move beyond that anymore.

And a lot of stuff goes wrong in my life constantly. This objectively terrible year not withstanding, nothing has been going right for me on a personal level either (health wise, work wise, even just succeeding in day to day minutiae without something going wrong) . Most of the time I respond in a very muted way to these issues, something I think my wife appreciates because I seem stoic, but occasionally I will feel absolutely overwhelmed and alone. It really sucks.

Anyway since talking to my wife about this would just make her worry and feel unsafe and insecure I’m venting it on the internet.

B

bpd2020

Hello perform and welcome to the forum. I think you do sound depressed. The first step would be to talk to your doctor. There is a lot of support for depression and you are not alone. I think you are brave to post your feelings on here.

K

karl7

I think I’m depressed. I’m 36 and don’t take much joy in anything anymore. I care about my wife and her happiness but my own is beyond my grasp. I can’t relate to music or games or reading or any other hobby like I did when I was younger. My career is stagnant. I make enough to get by but I don’t seem to have the motivation to move beyond that anymore.

And a lot of stuff goes wrong in my life constantly. This objectively terrible year not withstanding, nothing has been going right for me on a personal level either (health wise, work wise, even just succeeding in day to day minutiae without something going wrong) . Most of the time I respond in a very muted way to these issues, something I think my wife appreciates because I seem stoic, but occasionally I will feel absolutely overwhelmed and alone. It really sucks.

Anyway since talking to my wife about this would just make her worry and feel unsafe and insecure I’m venting it on the internet.
would a psych hospital stay be of any use to you perform, or get a med adjustment.....i hope things improve for you soon.....keep up posting here on the forum for support, and try to take it as easy as possible

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Depression Forum 8
G Depression Forum 11
D Depression Forum 8
Riah3 Depression Forum 5
D Depression Forum 10