• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling overwhelmed and anxious

K

kl200

Lately I have been feeling anxious and overwhelmed, and constantly lethargic. Over the last few weeks I have been very busy meeting deadlines for university, and I was feeling stressed then. But now, after all my deadlines are past and I have the excellent news of a job that I am comfortable in, with people that I know, I am feeling more stressed and anxious than before.

I don't feel that I have anything to be stressed about, but I often wake up with a pounding heart thinking about getting up and getting a move on even if I have a free day. I have had stomach problems the last week, headaches, nausea and feeling exhausted even though I'm sleeping well. I'm feeling low in self-confidence and find that I am easily irritated over very trivial things.

Tomorrow I am going to get back to exercising and see if this improves my mood and mental state. However, does anyone have experience of this or have any tips that have worked for them? I was thinking of taking Kalms as I know these have helped me through stressful times before. I'm just sick of feeling stressed and anxious about nothing when this is an exciting time in my life.

Thanks!

katya

katya

Sometimes the unknown can make us feel like that - it might just be that you haven't started your job yet? I think exercise is a good idea; I hope this goes well for you. Do you do anything to take your mind off things? Maybe reading would be good?

K

kl200

Thank you for your suggestion! I think I need to read or focus on exercise or another mode to keep my mind busy. Thankfully I have a weeks holiday coming up so I can totally relax and hopefully let the stress go. It's very unlike me to feel like this, but mental health issues are present within my family so I'm possibly affected by this also.

C

Caro5

Hi. I know this one well - feeling anxious when I should be feeling good. I think it happens sometimes after times of stress when we have held ourselves tight and adrenalin filled and can't let go of it. Don't over analyse, accept the anxiety and then tell it to get lost, put it in its place. Use diversionary tactics - exercise, reading, films but lately I have also found that relaxation apps, meditation and quiet time letting thoughts come and go are also very important. Good luck and don't forget to breathe deep and slow.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Anxiety Forum 4
J Anxiety Forum 6
S Anxiety Forum 1
EvyEv Anxiety Forum 3
T Anxiety Forum 7