Feeling overwhelmed all the time

• Thread starter Ragdoll what are houses
  • Start date
R

Ragdoll what are houses

I feel overwhelmed all the time and just cannot relax. Has anyone got any tips on how to overcome this and on any medication that helps!

G

gam9147

Breathing Exercises, meditation, regular exercise can help with this. For medications definitely talk to your doctor as these can help as well. If you aren't having more symptoms other than a hyped up system and feeling over overwhelming, then I would suggest try breathing, exercise, meditation , progressive muscle relaxation and other techniques without medicine first.

R

Ragdoll what are houses

Breathing Exercises, meditation, regular exercise can help with this. For medications definitely talk to your doctor as these can help as well. If you aren't having more symptoms other than a hyped up system and feeling over overwhelming, then I would suggest try breathing, exercise, meditation , progressive muscle relaxation and other techniques without medicine first.
Thank you. I am on antidepressant which I think is making me feel worse. I find the breathing exercise hard, but will try to persevere also I am waiting to have group therapy shortly.

G

gam9147

yes they are definitely hard especially at first. I've found Yoga to be an excellent source of all of these -- breathing, meditation and exercise. highly recommend!

E

EstherRose94

Thank you. I am on antidepressant which I think is making me feel worse. I find the breathing exercise hard, but will try to persevere also I am waiting to have group therapy shortly.
Ask about switching antidepressants. I’m on the third i tried and it’s the only one that worked. I’m taking it for anxiety but I agree I think the ones I tried first ramped me up too much which makes sense for depression but made me even more sensitive. I used Paxil then Effexor and now Zoloft. They’re all pretty much the same and it’s an easy switch.

R

Ragdoll what are houses

Ask about switching antidepressants. I’m on the third i tried and it’s the only one that worked. I’m taking it for anxiety but I agree I think the ones I tried first ramped me up too much which makes sense for depression but made me even more sensitive. I used Paxil then Effexor and now Zoloft. They’re all pretty much the same and it’s an easy switch.
Yes it's hard to find a compromise with antidepressants and then you have to find the right doseage which suits you. I am still searching for something that suits me as I'm very sensitive to medication and dread trying new ones!

R

Ragdoll what are houses

yes they are definitely hard especially at first. I've found Yoga to be an excellent source of all of these -- breathing, meditation and exercise. highly recommend!
Yes I must try breathing exercise which I do find difficult as I'm so strung up all the time.