• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Feeling off

A

Anna38

Ok i know this may sound strange but im experiencing something strange. I have been feeling distant from myself and almost on autopilot. Today i started thinking about a past experience that happened when manic. The weird thing is that i keep seeing people from it, in the food shop, while driving, on fb pix that came on my news feed. This is filling me with panic as i dont know whats real or not 😞 is it some kind of reason or punishing me? I dont understand any of it

N

NoOne5

Sorry you feel this way. I hope you get better soon. :hug:

manicmonday

manicmonday

I had this happen to me yesterday. I saw a stranger who I'd thought passed me a message while I was manic. My initial reaction was to freak out, but then I calmed down. My reasoning is that living around the same area as these people I'm bound to see them occasionally, maybe even frequently. It sucks, but I think you notice people more I think after you've been manic around them because you're self conscious afterwards.

A

Anna38

Its a nightmare isnt it.I see messages is in everything and feel like im meant to see them, like something bigger than us is saying i must see them. Someone in my family paints and today she put up a new pic on instagram and i could clearly make out 2 people and it was so weird as it wasnt a pic with people in. My anxiety today is high and i feel really unsettled.what kind of message do you think was passed to you? I really get scared its more than coincidence and a plan thats set its really scary

manicmonday

manicmonday

I thought he was telling me to put my nose in the air lol. I was getting lots of pointless little things like that and called them cues. Luckily I didn't approach him, I just thought he'd been recruited to do it to me along with loads of other people.

I have been exactly where you are and am only just coming down off of it now. I was very superstitious and thought everything had a meaning--and it did to me, just not to anyone else. If I were you I'd contact your care co-ordinator, if you've got one, and maybe see about getting some antipsychotics or having a med change if you're on them. It sounds like you're at the early stages now so best to get on top of it.

A

Anna38

Its all so strange, i see messages in everything, my pychiatrist wants me to change meds but i dont want to do all that again. To be honest i dont like talking to him as i feel hes just wanting to keep me on meds and i just wonder if its something in my medicine thats doing this. Im scared to say anything as i have kids and need to keep this to myself, i saw my brother go through this and he ended up in hospital for almost a year, i just want to find a way to stop these fears. I just tidyed and cleaned the house to get my mind off things and will go to the food shop soon, im scared i will see things i fear when i go out, the worst of it all is having to pretend that im not scared when im in such a weird place, are you ok ?

manicmonday

manicmonday

I get your fear because I just spent three months in a psych hospital away from my kid but if I'd spoken to them earlier I might have avoided the hospitalisation all together. If you're fuctioning outside it's still worth speaking to them because it's better than getting sectioned later.

A

Anna38

I know i should probably give them a call monday, i hope you feel better now? I was offered voluntary inpatient before but hoped i can cope alone first. But if necessary i will go, i guess theres not much we can do about it either when it gets bad, i really appreciate you answering me, its nice when someone understands you