Feeling of losing control of yourself

BillHLovespoll

BillHLovespoll

Hello,

Im really worried i feel like my brian is foggy i have no emotion and im not really here its like im living in a dream, i feel like im losing my mind and im gonna end up in a mental home, its so scary ive been feeling like this for two days now, im trying to act normal around people but i just feel so numb at the moment, could anyone reassure me or tell me if this is depression or something else please? As i really dont feel myself at all! I could start taking setraline but they dont start working untill 3/4 weeks anyone got any tips or advice please...

Thanks
Billy

claude

claude

Hi Billy,

Sorry things are so tough, you sound overwhelmed and in a very painful state. It sounds like a lot of what I experience with periods of bad anxiety. Reading your post I thought what I would recommend is doing things to stay grounded. Stretch, do breathing exercises, journal, get in nature and tell someone how you are feeling! These intense states don't last forever, it is about finding a way to ride the wave in my opinion. Go easy on yourself, eat well and try and get good sleep. All the boring stuff in a way, but it's good stuff too!

BillHLovespoll

BillHLovespoll

Hi Claude,

Thank you, yeah i need to eat healthier and not take aways all the time! And yeah ill do some strecthing and i also feel my heart beating fast and i feel like im full of energy and adnerline even when im sitting down so my mood goes up and down frequently, either mood is extremly scary as i dont feel in control or level headed nomore. My sleeping pattern is all over the place as much as i try to improve it, i still struggle to sleep untill like 2/3am. Do you take any meds for it?

frogsplash

frogsplash

it would be a good idea to get started on the sertraline,
the sooner you get started the sooner you are on the road to recovery, and if for any reason you don't have success with sertraline there is going to be something else suitable for you

J

JCPraha

I think you need to take the medication as well. Unfortunately, the meds do take time to take effect, and quite often adjustments are needed. Hang in there until you feel better, it may take some time until you get the right medication at the right dose.