• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling numb, yet ready to explode.

M

moe8833

It's hard for me to put into words how i'm feeling but i'll try. I feel like i'm numb or sad all the time. That that is my main emotions, i'll completely block out what i'm feeling and just be numb until suddenly, usually out of the blue, i get these waves of sadness and thinking. Which i'm in right now, so that's why i'm here trying to write into words what i'm feeling. It's exhausting. I'm tired. I just wish there was a magic button to get back to normal. I tried to create my own anonymous blog and write about it, but i think having more of a conversation might be better for me. I don't know. I'm distancing myself from everything, everybody, everything feels forced and like effort i just don't have.

jajingna

jajingna

Welcome to the forum. Do you suspect you have depression, has this been going on long?

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. It sounds like it may be helpful to talk to your doctor about how you are feeling. You will find many people on here who can relate to how you feel too.

P

Pollypop

Hello moe,
I understand exactly how you are feeling.
I have been like you many times.
In fact I’m feeling like this now.
But I wanted to answer your post so that you don’t
feel alone.

Please keep talking to us.
We all try to both give and receive help and support.
Take care.

T

treasurebox

Music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting songs in youtube makes me feel and think better.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I feel like that too. It might be distraction, hopelessness, medication numbing of emotion, boredom if you don't work.

I don't think we are meant to be idle and have time to think. Men used to be labouring 12 hours a day, women used to be cleaning, washing (by hand), cooking without these appliances, child rearing. We are less busy

covid makes it worse

I need responsibility

hopelessness is not good

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Depression Forum 4
A Depression Forum 5
P Depression Forum 2
M Depression Forum 1
M Depression Forum 12