• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling myself slipping backwards again Voices have returned

fazza

fazza

After a good few months of being quite stable my voices have returned again. For the past 3 months all i was getting was jibberish and none coherent sounds but now I am having my evil voice telling me that I am evil and I must distroy those around me. I am strong enough to cope with this voice as I have good insight with my illness but I am worried because I have tried Qutiapine,chlorpromazine,Abilify,clopixol,depixol and risperidone. I can't have a go with clozapine because I have a low white blood count. I fear that no treatment is going to work I am quite scared that I am going to loose my insight.

When I am constantly being told that I am evill and that my wife hates me it is hard to see reason. I am seeing my CPN on wednesday and I will ask her to speak to the doctor again and hopefully they can come up with a plan of action.

Any advice would be really great.

GreenEmerald

GreenEmerald

I know its hard but you got to try to ignore this evil voice. Let him have no control over you. Try CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) at the local psych hospital. I hope things improve for you.

Kerome

Kerome

There are some pretty good threads with coping strategies on the Hearing Voices sub forum, here is a link to one:

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/thread79173.html

Besides that I would try some compassion based meditations. It may help change the nature of the voices, although it is unlikely that the voices would entirely go away. You might want to have a look at the Buddhist 'metta' meditations.