• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feeling low

J

Jah

Don’t know how I have found myself here was just wondering if other people feel the same way as me one minute I am on top of the world the next I am rock bottom and I just don’t know why I feel alone and feel like I am a failure too everyone around me even tho I have a beautiful wife and beautiful kids successfully business a lovely home basically what people would look at and think he has a good life. But when I hit my low points I forget how lucky I am I just feel empty inside and it makes me feel so selfish I don’t talk too anyone about it because I don’t want anyone carrying my problems with them. will this ever end because I am starting too feel tired with it. most nights I just sit and cry and it’s got too the point where it’s really getting too me

Lost009

Lost009

Sorry you've been suffering. You're definitely not alone. I've been crying so much recently.

J

Jah

Sorry your suffering too hopefully everybody in our situation gets threw it

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Don’t know how I have found myself here was just wondering if other people feel the same way as me one minute I am on top of the world the next I am rock bottom and I just don’t know why I feel alone and feel like I am a failure too everyone around me even tho I have a beautiful wife and beautiful kids successfully business a lovely home basically what people would look at and think he has a good life. But when I hit my low points I forget how lucky I am I just feel empty inside and it makes me feel so selfish I don’t talk too anyone about it because I don’t want anyone carrying my problems with them. will this ever end because I am starting too feel tired with it. most nights I just sit and cry and it’s got too the point where it’s really getting too me
Hi @Jah
I'm sorry you've been feeling down and empty inside. My mood changes as frequently as yours does. I empathize with you. Today, I had to go back home quickly and get into my bed. I slept for two hours. With how I felt, I thought it would be much longer. I don't know why or how, but my depression (or anxiety? or both?) lifted, and I was able to salvage the day by going out. It's a pattern that's been happening to me frequently. I hope you get better.

2Much2Feel

Hey, @Jay and welcome. Yeah, I think a lot of us can relate, really sorry you're feeling this down. Do you feel like you have a spiritual void of some sort, like finding some meaning through that is possible? If you're in NC, which it looks like you may be, "there's a church on every corner". Lol. I used to live there when I was an atheist and didn't fit in too well in my area. But I'm no holy roller, it just really helped (and continues to) when I was at my breaking point, feeling no point to life, etc. All of the things we can accrue in this life can leave us feeling empty still. If you're not into a religious structure, even reading some Buddhism can help as more of a philosophical approach. That got me through a total existential crisis.

Those would be my suggestions. Also, have you considered seeing a professional about it? It may help for you to be able to just let go and vent, as it does on here, rather than being expected to be happy and on top of it all the time. That drains you.