• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling low

S

shameenah

shameenah in 27 and i've had depression for as long as i can remember i don't know when it started at first it started as a small ball that just grew bigger and bigger now all i feel is alone in this growing up wasn't that easy i was never allowed to go out i was never allowed to i never went to parties or clubs and im still not allowed and in 27 i have a boyfriend tho soon to be husband and i plan of living with him and his family because over there i feel free over there i feel like i can be me i can go out without having to ask if im allowed im allowed to open my own letters with my name on it and im able to speak to my mother in law without judgement of my pass being brought up or my flaws bought up of being compared to others.anyway thats all for now

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello shameenah and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear you have depression. I know how hard that is to deal with. I hope you can move in with your boyfriend soon and no longer be controlled.

L

Luigia

Hi Shameenah, you and I are about the same age and all I can say is I've been suffering from depression for a long time too. I was bullied alot and I remember feeling that I had no aim in life after school. I didn't feel supported by anyone and would demonize myself. I still think I'm depressed as I don't remember how old I am exactly!
All I can say is give yourself credit where it's due. You've come a long way and every day your still here proves anyone that ever got in your way wrong. I have gotten to the point of thinking that I can now be so much more grateful for the good, sincere people that come my way.