• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling low

K

kalismystic

Lately I have been feeling really low. It's been almost a year since I felt this terrible. For the first time in years I actually thought about harming myself and it honestly scared me. I didn't like taking Zoloft which I was prescribed for the last time I had a bought of depression. It gave me all kinds of heart burn and I felt like an emotional zombie instead of a ball of emotions. I've never had a full manic episode according to thepsychiatrist that assessed me.

Does anyone have any ways they cope with a low phase in their bipolar? Ways that aren't prescriptions?

-KM

FriendsAreFriends

FriendsAreFriends

Dear friend. I am a former bipolar 1, no longer medicated. I have a favourite expression that goes: " It is very important to know how to enjoy a good depression". My best advice to you must be to get hold of a book on cognitive therapy. Its all about the mind, and how to train yourself up in positive thinking and give up projects and thoughts that is not realistic. Always remember this: The feelings are controlled by your thoughts. And you can train to controll your thought prosess. Sucsess garanteed given a little effort. Never give up. Never give in! Kenneth.

K

kalismystic

Dear friend. I am a former bipolar 1, no longer medicated. I have a favourite expression that goes: " It is very important to know how to enjoy a good depression". My best advice to you must be to get hold of a book on cognitive therapy. Its all about the mind, and how to train yourself up in positive thinking and give up projects and thoughts that is not realistic. Always remember this: The feelings are controlled by your thoughts. And you can train to controll your thought prosess. Sucsess garanteed given a little effort. Never give up. Never give in! Kenneth.
Any suggestions on a good cbt book?

B

blueorange

No, not yet. Each time I'm running to my pdoc :))

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
h_put2021 Bipolar Forum 3
GaryC123 Bipolar Forum 2
N Bipolar Forum 5
A Bipolar Forum 8
A Bipolar Forum 3