• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling low panics me :(

J

Jisatsu

Sometimes when I am doing my day to day tasks I suddenly get this overwhelming feeling of sadness.. and then I worry and get scared because I don't want to feel like this! I try my hardest to block is out and carry on like normal.

Does this happen to anyone else & if so, have how have you managed to move through it?

iffybob

iffybob

TBH

Yes I get those, even when I am doing somthing I enjoy, it suddenly feels all pointless, and I feel bad for that ...

... you can just carry on , tell your self that it needs to be done, and it is just the way you are, and later you will feel better if you do complete it.

.. you can finish the bit you are doing , and leave the rest till later...

.. you can stop, make a cup of tea... go into another room , take 10 mins to recoupe, then go back to it..

.. what you dont want to do it let it get to you or winde yourself up...

... I hope this helps... boB .... :)

Spaceman

Spaceman

Hi there

you are not alone, but that doesn't mean that it isn't important to you.

I can have a vail come over me and then I am in a pit of despair and sadness. You have to try and fight it even if it seems hopeless or you feel like you want to give up. Don't give in, keep trying to keep your pecker up.

Don't be alone with this seek some help if you haven't already done so

Best wishes

Spaceman:cool:

P

prettywoman

We all go through that....i remember being in THE MOST PERFECT place ever....yet sadness overwhelmed me....

Just take each day as it comes, each half day, each hour. And be kind to yourself. Rome wasnt built in a day....

And something ive learnt since being on here......Im not alone, despite feeling that way. :)

J

Jisatsu

Hey, thanks all for the replies :)

Sometimes I manage to ignore it and let it pass (mostly times when I have to e.g. at school) but if I am at home I just go to sleep in the hope that the feeling will go away. It's a help but it's not always practical :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Depression Forum 2
K Depression Forum 26
I Depression Forum 4
D Depression Forum 5
A Depression Forum 11