• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feeling Lost

N

Nuble

Being feeling lost and worthless these pasts years. I am currently trying to make a career change but every step I give I either fail or feel like is more useless, like life is going incredible fast and I can't catch up with anything and I just see a infinite horizont to reach my goals while starting to wonder "why bother, I would probably be miserable anyway". Being alone forever is starting to weight on me as my self worth is even lower for being in this position.

What can I do (tangible real do) to regain focus? I can't fix everything in my (and I am aware that reaching goals even in my mindset will not improve me) but if I at least can regain focus in my goals and achieve them it would be something.

Tawny

Tawny

Staff member
Forum Guide
:welcome:
Can i ask how old you are? You don't have to say :)

Life does not always go to plan.

There are so many sayings about these types of worries:

'When one door closes, another one opens'

A popular one amongst my family is 'When man makes plans, God laughs'

It just shows, we have to go with the flow. Have an idea where you want to go, and take small steps there. There is no rush.

If you are looking for a partner, where is the best place for you to find one?

N

Nuble

:welcome:
Can i ask how old you are? You don't have to say :)

Life does not always go to plan.

There are so many sayings about these types of worries:

'When one door closes, another one opens'

A popular one amongst my family is 'When man makes plans, God laughs'

It just shows, we have to go with the flow. Have an idea where you want to go, and take small steps there. There is no rush.

If you are looking for a partner, where is the best place for you to find one?
33yrs old.
Yeah I know life doesn't go as planned, but it feels the opposite of the saying and most doors are getting closed.
I try to keep small steps, but I don't want to lose focus, to start getting idle minded because I can't keep going.
I have no idea where to find people. I was ignorant before cov and now I am even more ignorant. A friend told me everyone is in tinder now, but also told me its incredible unhealthy if you already have low selfsteem because how competitive it is.

B

Bod

Former member
Being feeling lost and worthless these pasts years. I am currently trying to make a career change but every step I give I either fail or feel like is more useless, like life is going incredible fast and I can't catch up with anything and I just see a infinite horizont to reach my goals while starting to wonder "why bother, I would probably be miserable anyway". Being alone forever is starting to weight on me as my self worth is even lower for being in this position.

What can I do (tangible real do) to regain focus? I can't fix everything in my (and I am aware that reaching goals even in my mindset will not improve me) but if I at least can regain focus in my goals and achieve them it would be something.

Welcome to the forum, I am sorry you are feeling so low in self esteem which can really hurt us in our mind. Like you said try to take small steps as if we rush it does not go to plan. You have made a good choice in joining here as we are a friendly set of members who like to help others.

N

Nuble

Welcome to the forum, I am sorry you are feeling so low in self esteem which can really hurt us in our mind. Like you said try to take small steps as if we rush it does not go to plan. You have made a good choice in joining here as we are a friendly set of members who like to help others.
thanks