• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feeling lost and alone

C

Country_girl

I don’t know why, but I don’t think I’ve ever felt so disconnected from those around me. I only have a very small handful of people i have shared my mental health struggles with, and they are great don’t get me wrong, this is definitely a me problem rather than them. But I just don’t feel connected to anyone.

I feel like I’m invisible most of the time and that if I just disappeared… I don’t think most people would even notice.

It makes me want to withdraw, and i will often just go quiet and not message people for example, but the saddening part it’s… literally no one notices.

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I don’t know why, but I don’t think I’ve ever felt so disconnected from those around me. I only have a very small handful of people i have shared my mental health struggles with, and they are great don’t get me wrong, this is definitely a me problem rather than them. But I just don’t feel connected to anyone.

I feel like I’m invisible most of the time and that if I just disappeared… I don’t think most people would even notice.

It makes me want to withdraw, and i will often just go quiet and not message people for example, but the saddening part it’s… literally no one notices.
It is very hard for people who don't have mental health issues to understand what someone who does is talking about. It's not that they don't care it just seems impossible for them to understand unless they have been there.

I can definitely relate to what you are saying. That's the great thing about this forum and anything that brings people with the same issues together.. people who understand. I've learned to accept that family and friends will likely never understand my struggles. I feel happiness knowing they care about me but I no longer talk about my struggles with them.

You are not invisible to them, I'm sure they love you. It's the understanding of what you go through that might be invisible to them :hug:

Karmaman

Karmaman

Hello Country_Girl...I can relate to what you're saying. I feel I have reached a point where I have lost connection with others and the world. It's a frightening time and I can't seem to see any solutions to my current predicament.

C

Country_girl

Thank you all for the replies, its so nice to know I'm not alone.

I think what I'm struggling with the most is getting them to understand that yes, I know my thoughts aren't always rational but they are real to me in that moment. I hate being told "well you know that's not true or the case" because yes, I do know that, and no matter how many times I tell myself that, I can't settle the thoughts that tell me differently, I cant stop the pain in my chest when its something upsetting... does that make sense?

So as a result, I feel like I am in tank, that I can see, hear and interact with people but I'm not really there as such

M

Marymary

Hi girls I’m also feeling very lost atm. Can’t stop crying tbh.

M

Marymary

Thank you for the hug ai really needed one today believe me.
Hope you are ok.