• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

feeling lonely

• Thread starter mentallyillshallowandlonely
  • Start date
M

mentallyillshallowandlonely

feel like ending it all. no one understands me or thinks im attention seeking or pretty much scary. i have no family or friends and the one person i have (my girlfriend) views me as toxic and abusive for being mad over every little thing even though i've tried to control my bursts and angers. she will probably end up leaving me too. everyone sees me as scary or manipulative when all i've done is try to be a good person. my manic and depressive episodes fluctuate so quickly everyday on and off and idrk what to do anymore. i dont want to end my life but thats how it is. my mum treats me like absolute shit. :/

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
Hi @mentallyillshallowandlonely I’m sorry to hear you are going through that and that no one understand your struggles. It also becomes extra hard when your parent don’t understand or can be a support.

There are really good people within the bipolar forum that understand what you are going through. So you will be able to find people that will understand you and your struggles and not be alone. Also try to seek professional help and talk about your struggles.

I will post a list of numbers that could be useful when feeling suicidal and you can also read two informative pages on the forum about suicidal crises and a personal written story by one of the staff on bipolar disorder.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

M

thank you but i don't feel hopeful anymore to even bother calling someone for suicide

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
It could be good to try reach out for help, I don’t have bipolar so I can’t truly relate. I’m only struggling with depression and social anxiety.

When I get low or when I had suicidal thoughts I used distractions as a way to get through. I also mainly focus on getting through one day at a time, finding small enjoyments in life and focus on self-care. Truly bad and I would just sleep. It can become better with help and support from professional.

I’m sorry I can’t give that much tips because I have no experience with bipolar but I hope others will be able to :hug:

Blue Opal

Blue Opal

Does your girlfriend tell you she thinks you're toxic or is that what YOU think she thinks? I ask this because I think the same about my boyfriend. Like you I'm scared he'll get sick of me eventually, but it's just in my own mind.
It's sad that your mother doesn't support you. How does she treat you like shit?
Can you try to talk to your girlfriend? Tell her how you feel?
Please try to talk to someone. Do you have a therapist you can talk to?
Are you on any medication for your bipolar?
Sorry for all the questions.
Please hang on in there. You can talk to us if you want.

M

Does your girlfriend tell you she thinks you're toxic or is that what YOU think she thinks? I ask this because I think the same about my boyfriend. Like you I'm scared he'll get sick of me eventually, but it's just in my own mind.
It's sad that your mother doesn't support you. How does she treat you like shit?
Can you try to talk to your girlfriend? Tell her how you feel?
Please try to talk to someone. Do you have a therapist you can talk to?
Are you on any medication for your bipolar?
Sorry for all the questions.
Please hang on in there. You can talk to us if you want.
my girlfriend tells me I'm toxic sometimes because of my mood problems that I can't control etc. but also sit in the doubt that she will get sick of me.
my mum brings me down, abuses me a lot even tho I'm of age for this like this to continue. also verbally abuses me by calling me names and treats my siblings with care except from me.
i have a therapist that I speak to but it doesn't help much.
I'm on antipsychotics n other medications.

K

karl7

feel like ending it all. no one understands me or thinks im attention seeking or pretty much scary. i have no family or friends and the one person i have (my girlfriend) views me as toxic and abusive for being mad over every little thing even though i've tried to control my bursts and angers. she will probably end up leaving me too. everyone sees me as scary or manipulative when all i've done is try to be a good person. my manic and depressive episodes fluctuate so quickly everyday on and off and idrk what to do anymore. i dont want to end my life but thats how it is. my mum treats me like absolute shit. :/
if youre feeling sucidal, you should immediately get yourself admitted to a psych hospital....sucidie is never the answer....it fu*ks over too many people