Feeling lonely

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

So every night when the kids and Mrs are asleep I feel so lonely and depressed

I cant sleep because of my mental health illnesses

This is the time where I'm left so lonely...

My question is does any of you feel like this? Is there anything I can do about it?

Luci

Luci

Try and get into the same routine as your wife and children? It can be difficult, do you know what it is specifically that keeps you awake?

calypso

calypso

Admin
I stay up too late too as its the only time I have alone with myself. But that has its down side and I get so lonely some days and nights too. I read trashy novels which keeps me going but its difficult to keep my head above water some nights. I'm not much help, but Luci is right what exactly keeps you awake?

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Try and get into the same routine as your wife and children? It can be difficult, do you know what it is specifically that keeps you awake?
My anxiety and depression

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I stay up too late too as its the only time I have alone with myself. But that has its down side and I get so lonely some days and nights too. I read trashy novels which keeps me going but its difficult to keep my head above water some nights. I'm not much help, but Luci is right what exactly keeps you awake?
Yea sometimed it'S good having your alone time Howevet most thr time its depressing

Luci

Luci

What symptoms are you suffering from? Racing mind, heart palpitations? I struggle with this too. It's like I cant turn my brain off when I go to bed. I would lie there in the dark til the early hours trying to be mindful and drift off.... I'm not keen on sleeping tablets I've always refused to use them as I am a single parent. However recently after a traumatic event my symptoms worsened. My CPN prescribed some strong antihistamines that make you drowsy. I still had to be mindful to drop off but it helped me a lot :)

calypso

calypso

Admin
I find mindfulness helpful in daily life too. Its a practice that improves with time and gets your brain out of ruts. I understand not wanting to be too drowsy when dealing with children who might need you.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

What symptoms are you suffering from? Racing mind, heart palpitations? I struggle with this too. It's like I cant turn my brain off when I go to bed. I would lie there in the dark til the early hours trying to be mindful and drift off.... I'm not keen on sleeping tablets I've always refused to use them as I am a single parent. However recently after a traumatic event my symptoms worsened. My CPN prescribed some strong antihistamines that make you drowsy. I still had to be mindful to drop off but it helped me a lot :)
I'm on sleeping tablets and strong antihistamines

Yea I get racing mind heart palpitations and panic attacks too

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I find mindfulness helpful in daily life too. Its a practice that improves with time and gets your brain out of ruts. I understand not wanting to be too drowsy when dealing with children who might need you.
I find mindfulness difficulties to do, my mind always wonders astray