• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

feeling lonely, is anyone around?

Eleison

Eleison

I was at voluntary work all day today, and now I'm home I'm feeling really lonely. I will be alone tonight and tomorrow too. Just a GP appointment on Thursday. I see my parents at the weekend, but for now, I'm alone and feel very lonely.

Is anyone there?

Summerof76

Summerof76

I was at voluntary work all day today, and now I'm home I'm feeling really lonely. I will be alone tonight and tomorrow too. Just a GP appointment on Thursday. I see my parents at the weekend, but for now, I'm alone and feel very lonely.

Is anyone there?

I'm here and will be back and forth all night. Like yourself, I spend a lot of time alone, although, loneliness is not something I suffer with often. It helps that I have 5 cats though!

Eleison

Eleison

I'm here and will be back and forth all night. Like yourself, I spend a lot of time alone, although, loneliness is not something I suffer with often. It helps that I have 5 cats though!
Thank you so much for being there.
5 cats is a lot! I'm sure they really help. I wish I could have a cat again...

U

user9898

I'm here alone but not feeling very lonely knowing you guys are here. I'm kind of happy I don't have one of those obligations of having to spend time with people I don't like. Many hugs to you @Eleison and @Summerof76 !

Summerof76

Summerof76

Thank you so much for being there.
5 cats is a lot! I'm sure they really help. I wish I could have a cat again...
I genuinely don't know what I'd do without them. Even at times when I've wanted to end it all and had it in my head that my son could live without me; knowing that it would be unfair to them kept me from sinking. No one else would have them all or keep them together, and they'd no doubt languish in a rehoming centre, if I couldn't take of them.
All are black cats, which are statistically harder to rehome than other colour cats; all aged over 10 years and three of them are brothers and would have to be rehomed together.
They're my lifelines.

Hopefully one day, you will be able to get a cat again. Is it your living circumstances that stops you?

Eleison

Eleison

I genuinely don't know what I'd do without them. Even at times when I've wanted to end it all and had it in my head that my son could live without me; knowing that it would be unfair to them kept me from sinking. No one else would have them all or keep them together, and they'd no doubt languish in a rehoming centre, if I couldn't take of them.
All are black cats, which are statistically harder to rehome than other colour cats; all aged over 10 years and three of them are brothers and would have to be rehomed together.
They're my lifelines.

Hopefully one day, you will be able to get a cat again. Is it your living circumstances that stops you?
Black cats are beautiful!

Yes, no pets are allowed where I live.

Summerof76

Summerof76

I'm here alone but not feeling very lonely knowing you guys are here. I'm kind of happy I don't have one of those obligations of having to spend time with people I don't like. Many hugs to you @Eleison and @Summerof76 !
I get ya! I'm not a social butterfly...more of a social piranha fish! Lol
I don't like many people (many? I think that should be 'any'! Lol) and much prefer spending time with animals.
Plus, my party days are over anyhoo. I suffer with a nasty reaction to alcohol- i.e. I get drunk and become overly truthful- and I'm left with a two day hangover (or black eye!), so I don't do that anymore.
I have Christmas decs to take down, a crap load of washing up to do from yesterdays dinner and a house to hoover of cat hairs.

Oh, the joys of getting older and being anti-social!

U

user9898

Indeed @Summerof76 ! I see no reason why we shouldn't enjoy being alone or in the company of animals even though I sometimes enjoy the company of others if they're the right people that is. I have no animals but I am watching one of my favorite stories by Agatha Christie and being very comfortable. Cheers to everybody!

Summerof76

Summerof76

Black cats are beautiful!

Yes, no pets are allowed where I live.

I agree- black cats are beautiful! :grouphug:

Mine are all a little different- there's Elbs, who's completely black and fluffy; the brothers, who are all sleek black-cravat cats (black with a small white chest patch) and Kismet, who was like Elbs until she got older and turned a blackish-orange colour around the face.

It's a shame about you live. I've never agreed with that silly rule when renting.