• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling lonely and going to online dating and being rejected.

S

SweetBipolar

Oh gosh I used to do exactly what you're doing (get online when lonely) and I'm so glad I finally stopped it. It's such an empty, shallow place on those sites. I'm fine by myself now....not always, but usually. I enjoy my own company.
What are looking to get from others?
I get manic and sometimes I think I just want sex. Other times I really want someone nice just to hangout and talk to. It goes in between the two wants. Just don’t want to feel so lonely that’s all. Feel the need/want of company. I’m happy you are feeling
Better after stoppping going on the sites. I am happy you enjoy your company. I hope someday I will feel that way.

S

SweetBipolar

I have to admit that, I've had a really mixed bag when it comes to online dating. Pre-2011, it was sometimes hit or miss, but never anything that was so good i missed it long when it ended. Since my separation and divorce more recently though, I've barely looked at it and when i have, it's been a huge disappointment.

My better angels want to tell people not to give up and that "there's someone out there for everybody"....but i don't think i genuinely believe that anymore. I'm alone and it looks to stay that way for the foreseeable future. Being single sucks, I hate it, and i'd give just about anything to change that...but it's just not in the cards, methinks.

SweetBipolar, I wish i could say that things get better, and i truly hope in your case that they do. I know it can be hard, but I'd encourage you to be careful and really take your time with things. Perhaps it will turn around for you. Hopefully, you'll find someone who is mindful of your issues and is willing to work with you to have the best relationship possible.

This is actually how I feel as well, so know that you're not alone. I know how much anxiety came come from thinking like this, and regardless of how true it may or may not be, it's painful and demoralizing. Just know you're in good company and that people here are willing to talk, offer advice, and generally listen.
I am
Sorry you are feeling lonely too. Hopefully someday you will find true love.

S

SweetBipolar

I also feel manic sometimes. So I go in between wanting just to chat and take things slow and make a friend and another part of me feels really sexual and thinks I could handle something casual. But really the truth is I don’t want to only have sex I want something real and sweet. Not just some random sex.

P

Purpleplum

I get manic and sometimes I think I just want sex. Other times I really want someone nice just to hangout and talk to. It goes in between the two wants. Just don’t want to feel so lonely that’s all. Feel the need/want of company. I’m happy you are feeling
Better after stoppping going on the sites. I am happy you enjoy your company. I hope someday I will feel that way.
You will feel that way one day. It took me a long time unfortunately.
I wanted someone to talk to, attention, affection. I met people, dated....most of all talked to people online. All of it just led to problems and pain and yet I'd just try it again and again. It was like needing a fix.

C

Cloud1999

I feel like everyone looks at me weirdly and I feel weird in general