• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling lonely and going to online dating and being rejected.

S

SweetBipolar

I am so lonely. My social phobia has turned almost to agoraphobia. I get so lonely. I keep on looking online on dating sites. I found someone who seemed interested just to ignore me after a few days. I got too happy that someone was going to be my friend and when it stopped I feel so depressed. I am so lonely. I feel like there is no hope for me for anything. I can’t go out and get a job or drive or make friends. All I look forward to is finding love which seems like it will never Happen. I can’t handle myself. I don’t like my own company. I feel I have nothing to offer. I fantasize about love and relationships and feel I would be a good lover that’s all. I know it’s stupid. I don’t have any goals or passions. I lost interest in everything but finding love.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Im sorry your feeling so lonely. I know how that feels believe me. Try not make that your focus though. de dhut nach ionndrainn thu. You will find love in the most unlikely place. Keep tour chin up

S

SweetBipolar

I just cry and lay in bed. I’m not normal. I was fine and chill and when someone from the dating site started to write to me and we exchanged numbers I got too excited and this weakness came over me. We exchanged a few texts on and off for a few days. I started at the phone and waited and waited. Now I know I’ll never hear from the person again. So I feel rejected,unwanted,lonely. I get to obsessed because my loneliness is always with me. I think people just love to play games and speak to so many people at once and choose the beet one. I was just a temporary chat person.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I am so lonely. My social phobia has turned almost to agoraphobia. I get so lonely. I keep on looking online on dating sites. I found someone who seemed interested just to ignore me after a few days. I got too happy that someone was going to be my friend and when it stopped I feel so depressed. I am so lonely. I feel like there is no hope for me for anything. I can’t go out and get a job or drive or make friends. All I look forward to is finding love which seems like it will never Happen. I can’t handle myself. I don’t like my own company. I feel I have nothing to offer. I fantasize about love and relationships and feel I would be a good lover that’s all. I know it’s stupid. I don’t have any goals or passions. I lost interest in everything but finding love.
Talk to me! Ill talk about physics, mathematics, or the weather or the price of cheese or whatever 👍

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I just cry and lay in bed. I’m not normal. I was fine and chill and when someone from the dating site started to write to me and we exchanged numbers I got too excited and this weakness came over me. We exchanged a few texts on and off for a few days. I started at the phone and waited and waited. Now I know I’ll never hear from the person again. So I feel rejected,unwanted,lonely. I get to obsessed because my loneliness is always with me. I think people just love to play games and speak to so many people at once and choose the beet one. I was just a temporary chat person.
Dont be lonely talk to us please xx

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Im not a fan of internet dating. And the fact that your a lady to me means you should not be wasting your time on the dating stuff. All men with a brain know women make the world go round so you should let them chase you!.

S

SweetBipolar

i just want to die. I am socially handicapped and feeling hopeless I am sick to my stomach of being alone. I’m not meant to be in my relationship because I’m too unstable anyway. I was doing fine alone and just had to look online dating and mess myself up. Set myself up as a joke for people to give me their number and just ignore me.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

i just want to die. I am socially handicapped and feeling hopeless I am sick to my stomach of being alone. I’m not meant to be in my relationship because I’m too unstable anyway. I was doing fine alone and just had to look online dating and mess myself up. Set myself up as a joke for people to give me their number and just ignore me.
Im sure you are an amazing and beautiful wee human! Try forget about relationships and stuff for a bit. You are an amazing human! Just you. You dont need anyone else to make you amazing! You just are! Your Prince charming will come when you least expext it. The universe is already conspiring so chill and try enjoy a wee slice of life while you wait xxxx

bpd2020

bpd2020

The thing about online dating is you cannot get attached to a person quickly. You never really know if they are genuine until you meet them. I am so sorry you feel rejected but this is not because of you. People talk to a lot of potential dates and often disappear after a few days. I understand you want to be loved and be in a relationship and this experience does not mean that will not happen for you. I think it may help to do some work on yourself as having low self worth means you are likely to be attracted to people who will take advantage of that. Do not give up. There is every chance you will meet somebody special. It just may not be the right time now.

Rex Smith

Rex Smith

You know most of those sites are full of bots and fake profiles to keep people paying for subscriptions.

You also have the married bored types that will chat with you then ghost ya. Don't take online site to seriously because they're not that legitimate. Only a small percentage are actually looking for a relationship.

S

SweetBipolar

Thank you. You all give great advice. I know I have a lot of work to do on myself and it should be my main focus. I shouldn’t be looking online for dates because their most likely liers cheaters and users. Especially to vulnerable women like me who is mentally unstable.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I have had some positive experiences with online dating. I wouldn’t say that everyone who uses online dating is a “bad guy” but that you should expect a fair amount of it. Look at it as a vetting process: who is going to be a decent human being and conduct themselves in a way that you feel comfortable with and who is not. You do have to have an incredibly thick skin and a strong sense of personal resolve to get through to the point where you actually make a genuine connection with someone. You have to learn to deal with a whole bunch of male bs in the process. If you think that you are too sensitive or mentally unstable for this maybe online dating isn’t for you. But it is possible to find decent people that way. You just have to be open minded, cross out the losers and know exactly what you want. xo, j

Prince of Cinders

Prince of Cinders

I have to admit that, I've had a really mixed bag when it comes to online dating. Pre-2011, it was sometimes hit or miss, but never anything that was so good i missed it long when it ended. Since my separation and divorce more recently though, I've barely looked at it and when i have, it's been a huge disappointment.

My better angels want to tell people not to give up and that "there's someone out there for everybody"....but i don't think i genuinely believe that anymore. I'm alone and it looks to stay that way for the foreseeable future. Being single sucks, I hate it, and i'd give just about anything to change that...but it's just not in the cards, methinks.

SweetBipolar, I wish i could say that things get better, and i truly hope in your case that they do. I know it can be hard, but I'd encourage you to be careful and really take your time with things. Perhaps it will turn around for you. Hopefully, you'll find someone who is mindful of your issues and is willing to work with you to have the best relationship possible.

I feel I have nothing to offer. I fantasize about love and relationships and feel I would be a good lover that’s all. I know it’s stupid. I don’t have any goals or passions. I lost interest in everything but finding love.
This is actually how I feel as well, so know that you're not alone. I know how much anxiety came come from thinking like this, and regardless of how true it may or may not be, it's painful and demoralizing. Just know you're in good company and that people here are willing to talk, offer advice, and generally listen.

P

Purpleplum

Oh gosh I used to do exactly what you're doing (get online when lonely) and I'm so glad I finally stopped it. It's such an empty, shallow place on those sites. I'm fine by myself now....not always, but usually. I enjoy my own company.
What are looking to get from others?