• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling lead to talk to strangers

D

Daringdan

Sometimes I feel lead to talk to strangers, like someone on their porch or someone in their yard. I almost always avoid them because I'm shy but then I feel guilty like I was supposed to say something, say what, I don't know. Its like something special is supposed to happen like a miracle. Part of me knows that this is probably just magical thinking but the other part is upset that I don't say anything, feeling like I have failed. What do you guys think?

D

Daringdan

Do you feel lonely by any chance?
I think I've been lonely for so long that I don't feel it so much but I do live relatively isolated. Social experiences really can pep me up but usually I get used to general feelings of sadness.

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
I think I've been lonely for so long that I don't feel it so much but I do live relatively isolated. Social experiences really can pep me up but usually I get used to general feelings of sadness.
That could be why you want to/have the need talk to strangers.

I don't mind small talk here and there and it does make me a lil happy/make my day if I've been spending too much time alone.

Humans are social animals. And yes, introverts too. 😅

D

Daringdan

Yea maybe I can work up the courage to have a bit of small talk. You are right, I'm surprised at how a good little conversation can make my day. Thanks for chatting with me.

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

Sometimes I feel lead to talk to strangers, like someone on their porch or someone in their yard. I almost always avoid them because I'm shy but then I feel guilty like I was supposed to say something, say what, I don't know. Its like something special is supposed to happen like a miracle. Part of me knows that this is probably just magical thinking but the other part is upset that I don't say anything, feeling like I have failed. What do you guys think?

Just be you.

You are amazing!