• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feeling insecure.

MarieRose

MarieRose

I am feeling insecure and maligned and taken for granted at the coffee shop I visit often.I am a regular customer and spend quite a bit in there.The owner usually chats with me and recently since covid we have been discussing the situation and how things are going.They are all pro vaccine and I feel they putting pressure on me to have the vaccine,the owner joked that I was a conspiracy theorist for expressing doubts.I feel he is slightly contemptuous and takes my custom for granted.So I want to boycott the shop for two or three months,let them miss me and give me back some respect and appreciation.I reckon if you give too much they treat you with contempt and act like you don't matter and will always give no matter how bad they treat you.This is affecting my mental health and self esteem.

J

JoleneInCalifornia

so, youre looking to boycott the coffeeshop for several months because you feel that the owner and workers there are provaccine and trying to get you to take it, and you think that boycotting will make them miss you and appreciate you???? Well, hate to break it to you , but you're just one person. We all have our own problems going on, and in the midst of covid, small businesses are struggling. I dont think they have time to worry about what one person thinks. If you're unhappy with their business, go somewhere else so it doesnt stress you out anymore. Thats all.

PetitPois

PetitPois

Former member
Hi @MarieRose It doesn't matter whether they are really treating you like you don't matter or not. The point is going there is making you feel bad at the moment. Try not to think in terms of not going there anymore is to get something from them. A respect you feel is lacking at the moment. Is there a possibility you are feeling low at the moment and maybe projecting that on to others, leaving you feeling slighted?

Take a break from the coffee shop and see how you feel when you have space from it. If you still feel that they are treating you in a manner you don't like, then don't go back. Just see how the situation looks a week or two from now 🤗

This is just my advice, as I struggle with similar issues. My feelings get hurt easily when I am feeling low.