• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feeling insecure

L

Lostlady333

just feeling insecure at the moment. Does anyone have this feeling when they want to be around others, but there is no one there. Kind of like an empty feeling. And it feels really awful. Like everyone you ever loved is gone. Empty.

soul searching

soul searching

Sorry you are feeling like this. Do you have any family or friends to visit with?

L

Lostlady333

Unfortunately no. My brother lost his life to suicide. My father passed at a young age and my mother and I don’t get on. My marriage ended 3 years ago. And I do have children but I do t want them to see me at my worst. And when my marriage ended so did a lot of good friendships sadly.

M

Meaghan

I totally get that feeling and sometimes I may feel like ha hon out with someone and when it comes down to it my brain is like nope never mind you actually didn’t want to hang out with them. Sometimes I just like being near someone without having to do or change anything that “I’m” doing

L

Lostlady333

I totally get that feeling and sometimes I may feel like ha hon out with someone and when it comes down to it my brain is like nope never mind you actually didn’t want to hang out with them. Sometimes I just like being near someone without having to do or change anything that “I’m” doing
Thanks Meaghan yeah it’s just like you would love a hug, just to let you know you will be ok. Because lonely is just ...,lonely.

M

Meaghan

Thanks Meaghan yeah it’s just like you would love a hug, just to let you know you will be ok. Because lonely is just ...,lonely.
100% it’s not a great feeling and I would suggest maybe getting one hug from someone that normally satisfies my need for that.

L

Lostlady333

100% it’s not a great feeling and I would suggest maybe getting one hug from someone that normally satisfies my need for that.
I hope you get hugs. Sadly I don’t. I kind of crave someone that could hug me and just tell me that it will be ok.

M

Meaghan

I can get a hug when I want one. I’m blessed. Why don’t you have anyone you could hug. I actually still have a couple of blankets and stuffed animals I love to squeeze and hug

L

Lostlady333

Yeah. I think I may have to resort to stuffed toys. Not quite the same though. I’m glad you get hugs. They feel so nice and loved. Sadly everyone has left me that I could hug.

soul searching

soul searching

I can totally relate to that

D

Deleted member 92692

Former member
just feeling insecure at the moment. Does anyone have this feeling when they want to be around others, but there is no one there. Kind of like an empty feeling. And it feels really awful. Like everyone you ever loved is gone. Empty.
I'm sort of the same. I chase everyone away and deliberately choose to be alone, but get really lonley.