Feeling increasingly agitated/not right in the head

vanish

vanish

Summer. I hate Summer! The heat feels like my brain is broiling in its own liquids. I cannot think clearly and I hear voices more. Even the sounds of cicadas in the garden somehow gets inside my head and echoes to the point I just want out of life. I take my medication but am sure its not working properly due to the heat (like I sweat it out or urinate it out quicker due to the amount of water I drink to stay hydrated).

The only placeI feel safe is air conditioned areas. Not malls or shopping centres however as I cannot handle crowds right now. The heat is expected to get worse over the next few days to a week. How on Earth will I cope? I am only permitted one 4 minute shower per day and only allowed ceiling fans which just blow hot air around. (n) I am a mass of sweat soaked clothing and that grosses me out. I try to be clean all the time but it is hard when the water Nazi won't allow more than a measly 4 minutes once per day. :yuck:

I wish I could book into respite but the local respite house only has air conditioning in one room and knowing my luck it won't be me who secures it.

Summer for some is all sunshine and light, for me it is 40C degree heat and 80-90% humidity. I am sure I am being cooked alive. Does anyone else have troubles with staying well in Summer due to the unrelenting heat? Feeling so agitated and just not quite right upstairs. Added to that my tablets are meant to be stored room temperature and melt in the heat so I put them in the fridge but the water Nazi keeps freezing my meds (stupid woman!) by pushing them to the back of the refrigerator.

Welcome to Oz in Summer folks, it's shite!

R

Rebeca1

I know how you feel I can't stand the heat thank goodness it's winter in the UK.

Mark_01

Mark_01

Forum Guide
I live in the Sierra foothills of California and it regularly gets over a hundred degrees every summer. August is the worse month. I hate the heat, too. Run my air conditioner afternoon and night, live on the third floor, so it is hotter. Everything slows down in the summer.

I love the winter and getting warm on a cold day, and drinking coffee, and wearing a sweater. Tinker curls up and sleeps in my lap, and all is well in the world.

I love the rain and snow.

vanish

vanish

The next heatwave has arrived with no rain in sight. (n) Last Summer was the hottest ever since records began in the 1800s, and the tv weatherman was saying just the other night that this Summer on average is even hotter. Damn this global warming stuff! :curseyou:

Hey Mark, I love Winter too, lazying in bed on cold mornings and wearing your favourite jumpers/sweaters/hoodies. For someone who lives in predominantly tropical weather, I have a collection of beanies and assorted ski hats from when I lived in the Southern ranges of my State where snow isn't uncommon. I loved the way my jackets use to crackle with ice when I took them off.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

At first I didn't understand why you were complaining about heat in the winter then I realized you are probably in Australia. I am not good at tolerating the heat in the summer, but now I don't enjoy winter either the way I did when I was young. I used to like skiing, ice fishing, hunting and even back pack camping in the winter. Now my favorite part of winter is when I come inside after shoveling the driveway and snuggling under a blanket in my recliner with a hot cup of coffee.

vanish

vanish

yes boudreauj4, you got my location correct. I am Australian.

Tomorrow I am calling my psychiatrist's office to find out if these medications I am on are affected by heat. My guess is yes, they probably are.

Mark_01

Mark_01

Forum Guide
yes boudreauj4, you got my location correct. I am Australian.

Tomorrow I am calling my psychiatrist's office to find out if these medications I am on are affected by heat. My guess is yes, they probably are.
I think it is direct sunlight that does the most damage. Heat also.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

When I was on Zyprexa I was terrible at tolerating the heat. A friend of mine had a huge tree cut down in his yard and then went on his honeymoon because he got married. As a wedding gift, I decided to clean up all the brush for him while he was gone so he would be pleasantly surprised when he got back. It was a hot summer day and it was SO difficult to get the work done. I kept getting light headed and felt like I would pass out. Every few minutes I'd have to sit down until I felt better.

vanish

vanish

I’ve found a better way of tolerating this heat, only take half the dose. I’m no worse off on 2mg of rexulti than 4mg and I can survive Summer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Schizoaffective Forum 3
J Schizoaffective Forum 13
vanish Schizoaffective Forum 1
P Schizoaffective Forum 7