• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

feeling ill, need help

S

spuntree

feeling really bad today and i dont know what to do. the voises are so loud and my thoughts are racing and sinister, i dont feel like i can cope with how i am feeling and am feeling strong urges to end my life. have been self medicating with bits and bobs i had lying around, temazepam, mirtazipine, seroquel, nothing is working. i don't know what to do with myself i dont feel like i can go on. thanks.

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Spuntree I am sorry to hear your having such a tough time :hug: Is there anyone you can call? For example like an out of hours GP service or go to A&E if things are really that unbearable. I am thinking of you and wish i could do more to help but keep posting if it helps, people are lovely on this site. Is there anything that has triggered off these feelings you want to talk about?
Take care of yourself
Messy :grouphug:

S

spuntree

thanks for the reply, i don't know whats causing me to feel like this, it maybe because the medication level is low in my system as I am due for my depot tomorrow, but it's all too much, i am too scared to invlove medical professionals don't want to end up back in hospital, just have this great urge to hang myself from the staircase, can see myself hanging there when i close my eyes. really freaked out

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Spuntree

I am sure if you took yourself to A&E they won't make you stay the night, they might be able to offer you something to help you get through the evening until your depot tomorrow as a short term measure.

Please don't do anything rash, if you attempt suicide you are likely to end up there anyway and most likely feeling worse than you are.

Can you try visualising something else rather than hanging. Perhaps try to focus on a scene in a book or on a post card, or a photo or on the web where you can visualise being there, trying to incorporate your senses like what it would smell like, what the objects around you would feel like, what the surrounding sounds would be and if food is available the tastes.

Sometimes you can replace an unwanted image with something more positive if you really focus, reaching deep within and use your imagination.

If you can do something that will help change your emotion this can help too, perhaps by listening to some upbeat music, watching a comedy, wearing a scent you like, looking at pictures/photos/videos of a happy occasion you have fond memories of, having a bath, wearing a favourite item of clothing. I know these things sound simple but it can work. And I know it is not a permanent answer but it might just get you through the evening.

Take care :hug: