• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling horrible every day

O

oneplus

Hello! Excuses in advance if my grammar isn't great, English is not my first language.🙂
My diagnosis is high functioning autism and ADD, but that's not really what I wanted to talk about. I've been feeling so low for years. I was at my worst at my 13th (I'm 20 now) I was admitted to some sort of mental hospital for a year because my depression was so severe. I was actually diagnosed with it but now everyone's like it's gone. My therapist says its probably just part of me.. I handle some things better , but it just feels like I'm going to break every moment. I will be done with this one day. I have barely any activities to do, I just don't have energy for it. I lie in bed almost the whole day. And when I come out I start gaming and go back to bed when I'm done. This has been going on for years, while also parts of struggling with alcohol abuse. (I've been clean for like 8 months now), actually a LOT of bad things happened in the meantime, and I almost killed myself a few times. I barely go outside, I have terrible anxiety. Social anxiety but also at home I get bad anxiety. I've tried therapies, medicines but nothing really worked. I'm just sick of it. I wonder what's wrong with me? I've really tried my best to better my life but nothing makes me happy anymore. I'm not looking for a diagnosis and I'm definitely not self diagnosing but I can't help but wonder why this never goes away , no matter what I do? Thank you for reading

O

oneplus

Also im kind of in a "good" period right now, in comparison to a few months ago and some other "periodes" but even when I'm at my "best" I still feel like I'm done with life and don't have any energy

J

Johntron9999

Are u taking any medication now? SSRIs can cause a blunting effect and cause cognition issues