Feeling high

H

Hail

Do you feel high sometimes when listening music? Does music make you feel high? What I mean by high is like an altered state of mind indused by a drog that can make you feel euphoric. (I dont do drugs, except for those that are prescribed)
I got this problem after my first nervous breakdown.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
The human body can produce chemicals that are very similar in structure to Ecstasy (Opioids) and LSD (in the form of Dimethyltryptamine or DMT for short).

Usually Opioids are the bodies natural painkillers but no one is really sure why we produce DMT but there's an enzyme in the liver called MAO that breaks down the DMT to safe levels so we all aren't walking around tripping all day.

During my psychosis I felt really high and told my doctors it was like I had taken LSD and Ecstasy but hadn't taken any in over 20 years, after my short stay in hospital I did my research and learned about Opioids and DMT and came to the conclusion my body had been mass producing these chemicals which it seems it can do from time to time especially if you have an overabundance of Dopamine in your system.

Listening to music can increase Dopamine levels and I quote from Google, I searched the term 'Music and Dopamine'.

"Listening to the music you love will make your brain release more dopamine, study finds. A new study has found that dopamine — a neurotransmitter that plays an important role in our cognitive, emotional, and behavioral functioning — plays a direct role in the reward experience induced by music."

I hope this helps.

H

Hail

Thanks for answering.

I'm trying to understand better what is happening, in my case must be mania. Also felt like this when I had my first episode.

BetaMale

BetaMale

"Listening to the music you love will make your brain release more dopamine, study finds. A new study has found that dopamine — a neurotransmitter that plays an important role in our cognitive, emotional, and behavioral functioning — plays a direct role in the reward experience induced by music."
You know another way to naturally increase dopamine levels in the brain?
Meditation. It's made me high several times over the last month or so and is a good way to counteract the damage done to one's brain through (previous) antipsychotic use.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

You know another way to naturally increase dopamine levels in the brain?
Meditation. It's made me high several times over the last month or so and is a good way to counteract the damage done to one's brain through (previous) antipsychotic use.
How do you meditate?