Feeling fed up with Uni

MagicJay

MagicJay

So last year was a big moving forward point for after been really ill for 3 and half years I felt like I was ready so I did everything to get into uni which I succeeded, it started out great was attending classes most of the time some I couldn't make but I was keeping up and passing all my assignments then finished for xmas break.

Since I've gone back I really feel depressed and fed up about been there I was really up to it before like I really knew I wanted to do this now I'm having a lot of time off falling behind with a lot of stuff my standard of work has dropped I hate the 2 hours travelling there and 2 hours back specially when I have to be up at 6 to get there for 9 I'm hardly getting any sleep.

Not if it just another one of ideas I thought was great then I just move or maybe I just really down I'm not sure what happening not in a good play at the moment:low:

Last edited:
Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Could you try to finish up this year, then take a break? Or try to withdraw from your courses so it doesn't affect your GPA?

MagicJay

MagicJay

I finish in April but then I've got a big choice to go on to my degree which will be 3 years, that's even I pass this year yet if I do and do decided to go on what happens if it just another one of my great ideas I never stick too or I don't do then years later regret not finishing my degree.

Feel like my life is a mess at the moment and I have no control what so ever :(.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Can you go back to it? I mean in a year or so when things settle down?

MagicJay

MagicJay

I could have a year break but I've got a feeling I won't ever come back if I do that I need force my self now :( just all messed up maybe I should just give up :'(

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I just don't think you should let school get in front of your mental health.

Last edited:
M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I agree with Lincoln, I don't think you should put School in front of your mental health.

It will give you time to weigh up your options and go back fresh and hopefully ready.

Do you think moving closer would be a good idea, so you don't get up so early? Is that an option?

x

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
yes, i think moving closer would be good, thought it obviously is an extra cost you can probably get the loan to cover it. i had some friends in the first year of my course that lived an 1.5 hours away but then they moved into the same town from the 2nd year onwards.
maybe you could find somewhere till april and see if it helps being closer, you will have more time to relax and then reassess after this year.

MagicJay

MagicJay

so I spoke to the lecture who is in charge of the degree I should be going on to next, I told him about travelling 4 hours he turned around and said "and so do I what do you want me do about it" :S I said but I'm not sleeping good and I suffer with mental illnesses he said I could go to some classes with another group, so I mentioned about having a year off because 2016 the University is moving 20 minutes away from me which would be so much better for me he said "you could do that but I really wouldn't advice it because it's going be so much harder for you get used to it again" I said I'm not sure if I'm going be able cope another year and I don't want end up dropping out because of it he said "your a smart lad you will cope" :s like been smart has anything to do with me able cope with my illnesses, his attitude as really bothered me and I keep replaying the conversation over in my head I think I will obsess over this for awhile :(.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Some people should not be in authority.

He's wrong. If you are determined you can go back. If nothing will stop you, you can.

But your smarts aren't going to get you anywhere if you can't go to class or drive there because of your mental health.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
i agree with linc as long as you do a bit of revision in the year out you will be fine going back.

MagicJay

MagicJay

I've got a meeting with a guidance lady on Thursday to talk about if I did have a year out what would happen to my funding see what my options are it's getting me really down my mood are all over the place my life doesn't even feel like mine anymore, on the bus to and from uni every single time I daydream about it crashing and it just been over for me right there sad thing is I enjoy the daydream.