• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling FAT AND UGLY

student12

student12

i KNOW AM intelligent i had to be to graduate from college. i just don't feel attractive at least my mother makes ME feel like that. because i am not thin she thinks that i should wear fat clothes. i try to get shoes and clothes that wont makes me look so fat but its seems like she wants ME to wear big ass clothes and flat doopy ass grandma looking shoes. i want to get open toed shoes but she is hell bent of not getting them for me. i know this thread may seems stupid and childish but it really depresses me because i don't have a job and cant buy the things that i want when i want. :sorry: I be so glad when i loss weigh then maybe i can feel better about myself more. but right now am just a fat ugly person who is at the mercy of her equally FAT MISERABLE MOTHER. Sometimes i don't want to eat at times because i am disgusted at my appearance. I feel like just not eating shit period./ Maybe if i don't eat much myself i lose the weight a lot quicker and get rid of my ugly double chin and fat ass stomach. i really want to throw up when i look at myself in the mirror. THAT'S IT FROM THIS DAY FORWARD AM NOT GOING TO EAT MUCH, JUST DRINK LIQUIDS AND EAT SALADS ....

Last edited by a moderator:
katya

katya

i KNOW AM intelligent i had to be to graduate from college. i just don't feel attractive at least my mother makes ME feel like that. because i am not thin she thinks that i should wear fat clothes. i try to get shoes and clothes that wont makes me look so fat but its seems like she wants ME to wear big ass clothes and flat doopy ass grandma looking shoes. i want to get open toed shoes but she is hell bent of not getting them for me. i know this thread may seems stupid and childish but it really depresses me because i don't have a job and cant buy the things that i want when i want. :sorry: I be so glad when i loss weigh then maybe i can feel better about myself more. but right now am just a fat ugly person who is at the mercy of her equally FAT MISERABLE MOTHER. Sometimes i don't want to eat at times because i am disgusted at my appearance. I feel like just not eating shit period./ Maybe if i don't eat much i lose the weight a lot quicker and get rid of my ugly double chin and fat ass stomach. i really want to throw up when i look at myself in the mirror. THAT'S IT FROM THIS DAY FORWARD AM NOT GOING TO EAT MUCH, JUST DRINK LIQUIDS AND EAT SALADS.
Please don't do this; sometimes people find that controlling food makes them feel better when they can't control other aspects of their lives - in your case, your employment status and the way your mother is treating you, it sounds like - but it is unhealthy and it will not make you happy. I suffered from an eating disorder and it fucking sucked any personality I had away from me; I lost six months of my life and I barely remember any of it.

You're not an ugly, fat person, and I'm so sorry your own mother is making you feel like that. Focus on finding a job, not controlling your weight. It'll make you feel so much happier in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
SarahD

SarahD

Hi student, sorry you are feeling so bad about yourself. Do you go shopping with your mother? If not, it may be a good idea, then you could try on the kind of clothes you think would look better and show her.

It is frustrating when you don't have a job and earn money of your own, and have to depend on parents. However with a bit of luck you will soon find a job and be able to be a bit more independent.

Sensible eating is the best way to lose weight. If you cut down too drastically you will most,likely end up giving up the diet. Or as jruth says, you may develop an eating disorder.

student12

student12

I will be SURE to keep these things in mind. i just have to start getting off my lazy fat ass and do more exercises and chin workout as well.

student12

student12

Sometimes i wish i can just fucking disappear its seems like am always getting blamed for every little fucking thing that goes wrong in my home. My scary ass mother saw a mice and she thinks its because i eat in my bedroom that it my fault. ITS NOT MY FUCKING FAULT MICE CAN COME ANYWHERE EVEN IF I AM NOT EATING IN MY ROOM. people don't hire me quick enough that's my fault too. my mother is nice to me one minute then mean the next i think she has bipolar disorder for real. she really needs help. no wonder am off balance at times because i am living in a home that is stressful. she is so mean she SHOULDN'T BE AFRAID OF A LITTLE MOUSE. URG she really gets on my last nerves i swear, but if i say something to her or about her am wrong. maybe i should just check myself into a mental hospital just to get away from this aggravation. But you know what? fuck it if she wants to complain and bitch that's on her she is NOT GOING TO GET ME down anymore. i mean what the hell she eats in her damn room? but i cant? but what the fuck ever. i just going to just one day fucking leave.

Last edited:
student12

student12

Recognize your problem and take action to solve it is more beneficial rather than blaming anybody. Tackle your negative thinking, your own opinion maters a lot than what others thinking about you. What other people talk about your weight accepts and tries to resolve it in healthy way.

I appreciate your advice to me however, i don't think i ever blamed anyone for my weight problem. i recognize that its my own fault and am working on it. and the part about accepting what people say i can listen to people however i don't think that i have to accept hurtful things that they say, because if the shoe were on the other foot they wouldn't accept that from me. My motto is treat and talk to others the way you want to be treated. I know that may be clique but its a true saying. That is why i don't have a lot of friends today because some people who i tried to be friends with couldn't accept that i had an opinion that was different from theirs. and that is okay with me because if i have to live in this world alone with only God well its fine. The only hang out partner that i have is my younger brother, and that's okay because he is the only one who don't judge or criticize me he just loves me for who i am not for what i look like.

And this is not an attack on you btw this is just my perspective.

Last edited:
*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Recognize your problem and take action to solve it is more beneficial rather than blaming anybody. Tackle your negative thinking, your own opinion maters a lot than what others thinking about you. What other people talk about your weight accepts and tries to resolve it in healthy way.

I appreciate your advice to me however, i don't think i ever blamed anyone for my weight problem. i recognize that its my own fault and am working on it. and the part about accepting what people say i can listen to people however i don't think that i have to accept hurtful things that they say, because if the shoe were on the other foot they wouldn't accept that from me. My motto is treat and talk to others the way you want to be treated. I know that may be clique but its a true saying. That is why i don't have a lot of friends today because some people who i tried to be friends with couldn't accept that i had an opinion that was different from theirs. and that is okay with me because if i have to live in this world alone with only God well its fine. The only hang out partner that i have is my younger brother, and that's okay because he is the only one who don't judge or criticize me he just loves me for who i am not for what i look like.

And this is not an attack on you btw this is just my perspective.
Although i wouldn't call it a "fault".