• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Feeling empty

B

bpd2020

I always feel like something is missing inside me. All my life I have felt odd, out of place and alone. I carry a lonely feeling in my heart. Now I have a wonderful partner. There are times we are together that I feel okay but then the feeling comes back. Today that emptyness has been there all day. I can understand why I used to have the feeling but now that I am loved it is strange it has not gone away. I try filling it with food, spending money. These things work for a short time. Is this something that just never goes?

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm so sorry your feeling empty, glad you have a partner.
I think lots of us can feel lonely or empty even with a loving family/partner.
Maybe building on making yourself happy might help, it's helped me.
Try doing favourite hobbies, be careful with the spending money bit.
Many of us do the same, it can be dangerous if your getting into debt etc.
Hoping feeling supported might help you to.
Hugs

B

bpd2020

Hi,
I'm so sorry your feeling empty, glad you have a partner.
I think lots of us can feel lonely or empty even with a loving family/partner.
Maybe building on making yourself happy might help, it's helped me.
Try doing favourite hobbies, be careful with the spending money bit.
Many of us do the same, it can be dangerous if your getting into debt etc.
Hoping feeling supported might help you to.
Hugs
Thank you for replying. The problem is nothing makes me happy. I do read but I do not have any hobbies. I appreciate your response.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm sorry nothing makes you happy,
It can be hard being ill, have you tried any therapy?
Hugs

B

bpd2020

Hi,
I'm sorry nothing makes you happy,
It can be hard being ill, have you tried any therapy?
Hugs
I have had a lot of therapy. I currently have weekly CAT. I have a feeling I am just too unwell to be any different. Thank you for replying to me.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Just a suggestion, focussing on your partner's needs might be a distraction... :hug:

Faith198

Faith198

I’m sorry you feel so lonely and I think we can all feel lonely even if we’re surrounded by family or friends. I hope you know we are here for you. You do so much to help everyone else out, so I’m sure good will come back to you 😊
You don’t deserve to feel that way, no one does.

I wish I could offer some tips, but tbh, I can’t figure out how to cope with that feeling either. I just wanted to provide some nice words.:flower2::mrgreen:

B

bpd2020

I’m sorry you feel so lonely and I think we can all feel lonely even if we’re surrounded by family or friends. I hope you know we are here for you. You do so much to help everyone else out, so I’m sure good will come back to you 😊
You don’t deserve to feel that way, no one does.

I wish I could offer some tips, but tbh, I can’t figure out how to cope with that feeling either. I just wanted to provide some nice words.:flower2::mrgreen:
Your lovely words mean so much to me. Thank you.

SomeSwedishGirl

SomeSwedishGirl

I always feel like something is missing inside me. All my life I have felt odd, out of place and alone. I carry a lonely feeling in my heart. Now I have a wonderful partner. There are times we are together that I feel okay but then the feeling comes back. Today that emptyness has been there all day. I can understand why I used to have the feeling but now that I am loved it is strange it has not gone away. I try filling it with food, spending money. These things work for a short time. Is this something that just never goes?
I think that maybe our brains get used to certain emotions, and when things logically should feel different we still feel the stuff our minds are used to - confusion ensues.
I identify alot with what you are writing here so you are so not alone in this.

B

bpd2020

I think that maybe our brains get used to certain emotions, and when things logically should feel different we still feel the stuff our minds are used to - confusion ensues.
I identify alot with what you are writing here so you are so not alone in this.
Thank you for your insight. I did not think it could be just my brain is used to it but that is a possibility. I am so sorry you feel this way too.

SomeSwedishGirl

SomeSwedishGirl

Thank you for your insight. I did not think it could be just my brain is used to it but that is a possibility. I am so sorry you feel this way too.
it’s just a theory of mine, so there is nothing really profound about it. But I kinda think it has some truth.
And thinking that makes it a little less hard to bare. Just ”my brain is a b***h, not me” kind of.

B

bpd2020

it’s just a theory of mine, so there is nothing really profound about it. But I kinda think it has some truth.
And thinking that makes it a little less hard to bare. Just ”my brain is a b***h, not me” kind of.
I am going to discuss this with my therapist tomorrow. Thank you for posting.