• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

feeling embarassed after psychosis

B

ballerina123

has anyone felt embarrassed after psychosis like you realise what you have done and said and feel stupid?

Kerome

Kerome

Yeah... Apparently I walked a whole morning on my slippers through town, talking nonsense. Oops, sorry townies. But a little embarrassment never killed anyone yet, just let it go.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Its been a couple of years but yes. I get embarrassed. But it does not bother me too much. We just have to keep pressing on, you know.

nonotme

nonotme

has anyone felt embarrassed after psychosis like you realise what you have done and said and feel stupid?

most of the time i spurt rubbish out...... a feel a right idiot afterwards.

L

Ladylala

Yes! I said some really bizzare things and I am so embarrassed!

SarahD

SarahD

I do really stupid things too.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I have said some mean stupid things.

F

FieldOfRoses

Yes because I acted so goofy during it and miss work.

The Dragon Lady

The Dragon Lady

Most definitely! I remember many, many instances where I did/said/thought/acted out things that were incredibly embarrassing. Some things can be thought of as amusing, but other's can be thought of as terrifying. I couldn't shut my mouth for the life of me and kept trying to explain and describe my experiences. Babble, babble, babble... I remember various points where I felt as if I were in the movie 'The Truman Show' and I was tip-toeing around thinking everyone was watching me (something that I really find uncomfortable) and trying to go un-noticed. Funny...there was a point where I was doing this, but I was wearing a bright red hooded jacket (Gee, I really blend in in that! Bulls-eye!)