• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Feeling Down Lately

R

Rider52

The daily battle with anxiety and feeling down gets exhausting. I just feel like I can't feel positive about anything anymore. I've tried everything to feel better. Sometimes it helps and other times I feel like I'm back to square one.

C

childofkali

The daily battle with anxiety and feeling down gets exhausting. I just feel like I can't feel positive about anything anymore. I've tried everything to feel better. Sometimes it helps and other times I feel like I'm back to square one.
Hello,

What have you tried to feel better? x

R

Rider52

Hello,

What have you tried to feel better? x
Hi,
I've tried a lot of things like exercising, spending time in nature, trying to think positive, etc. I feel like it helps some, but then I feel bad again. I've been told to get professional help. I don't know how I can afford it without insurance.

Blooming

Blooming

Hi,
Perhaps it is possible to use CBT from a selfhelp book or from instructions at a CBT website? Why not google it? I would not have been afraid that the depression shall come back if I were you. Some of us have to learn what to do when it comes back (not if it comes back). I see that you have no insurance. If you could try to save mony for at least one appointment with a Psych-doc, may be he will give you a prescription for an antidepressant. As far as I know Medicare will cover for parts of the costs with medication. (It may take a while before the medication works, and some have to go trough a try and trial period before the right medication is found). It is well worth to go on and invest in further methods. I speak from experince! Good Luck! :)

R

Rider52

Hi,
Perhaps it is possible to use CBT from a selfhelp book or from instructions at a CBT website? Why not google it? I would not have been afraid that the depression shall come back if I were you. Some of us have to learn what to do when it comes back (not if it comes back). I see that you have no insurance. If you could try to save mony for at least one appointment with a Psych-doc, may be he will give you a prescription for an antidepressant. As far as I know Medicare will cover for parts of the costs with medication. (It may take a while before the medication works, and some have to go trough a try and trial period before the right medication is found). It is well worth to go on and invest in further methods. I speak from experince! Good Luck! :)
Thanks for the information and I will check into that. That's why I'm afraid of trying medication. The side effects and it doesn't always work from what I've heard.

I remember having a similar experience during a stressful time about 10 years ago. I really struggled for several months, but it eventually passed. I felt fine for several years until about 6 months ago. Another stressful time brought this on again. I just can't let it stop me from living life.

K

karl7

have you ever tried St johns wort.....its a herbal remedy for depression.....it might give you a lift

C

childofkali

What are the kind of thoughts going through your head when you feel down?

Catty5

Catty5

Hello
I’m in the same boat. How’s your voice? Was it gone? I remember you posted it here.

R

Rider52

What are the kind of thoughts going through your head when you feel down?
I've been worried about how I've been feeling. Like is it just stress, anxiety, depression, or something more serious. That makes me feel anxious and then I feel down afterwards. I just feel like I dont have any ambition anymore. Not long ago I looked forward to working and enjoyed my time off. I worked hard and accomplished a lot. Right now I kinda feel empty and don't have much enjoyment anymore. Sometimes I get unwanted thoughts of mistakes I've made in the past or bad memories. At night I can get bad dreams related to things that didn't go well in my past. I've had a lot of disappointments. I'm still functioning descent, but some days are just difficult.

R

Rider52

Hello
I’m in the same boat. How’s your voice? Was it gone? I remember you posted it here.
Hi,
I don't get that at all throughout the day. It's usually just at times falling asleep or dream related. How are things with you?

R

Rider52

have you ever tried St johns wort.....its a herbal remedy for depression.....it might give you a lift
Hi,
I've heard about it before. Maybe I should try that.

Catty5

Catty5

It sounds good. It just may be relating to your sleep problem. My severe depression came back when I quit Lexapro 2 years ago. It messed up my brain function. It takes a long time for my brain to come back to normal. It’s hard to live with depressed mood. How are you dealing with your depression?

R

Rider52

It sounds good. It just may be relating to your sleep problem. My severe depression came back when I quit Lexapro 2 years ago. It messed up my brain function. It takes a long time for my brain to come back to normal. It’s hard to live with depressed mood. How are you dealing with your depression?
I was thinking that the dreams and sleep voices could be stress/sleep related. If it was through the day then I'd be more concerned. It still disruptive at times and makes me feel uncomfortable.

I usually myself to keep myself busy. It definitely helps some, but the frustrating part is when I feel bad again. I spend a lot of time fishing and riding my ATV. I also just like being out in nature and taking wildlife pictures if I see anything interesting. I make sure to get enough rest when I'm able to. I hope things get better for you soon.

Catty5

Catty5

Is it “hypnagogic hallucination”? You can google it. You can also ask your doc. I had several clients who had it.

So you’re the rider.... it’s good for you have a such a great hobby to enjoy your life. I envy you.

I’m a professional and was a workaholic for many decades... my hobby? Uhmmm...going to Las Vegas once in a while, cooking and playing with my cats.

R

Rider52

Is it “hypnagogic hallucination”? You can google it. You can also ask your doc. I had several clients who had it.

So you’re the rider.... it’s good for you have a such a great hobby to enjoy your life. I envy you.

I’m a professional and was a workaholic for many decades... my hobby? Uhmmm...going to Las Vegas once in a while, cooking and playing with my cats.
I think it's hypnagogic hallucinations. I've been told they're not a big deal unless it bothers you. Do they go away or how are they treated?

Las Vegas sounds like a good time. I've never really got to travel much before. Hopefully someday I can though.