• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling Discouraged Again

student12

student12

I had two interviews but i don't think they went so well. one position was filled and the other i had today but it seems as through the interviewer was tough with their questions. I don't think i did well with that at all. she asked me some vague questions and when i asked her to specify for me she got offensive and said if you don't can't answer that its okay it seems as through your just dabbling in the education field with no enough experience. as through my damn past experiences with children don't count and my volunteer work at a pre school don't count either to her. I am crying because the more i try the more i feel as through i can't get anywhere in life. she had the nerve to point out that i have been out of work for three years. BUT HELL THAT IS NOT MY FAULT PEOPLE DIDN'T HIRE ME. i just feel like just giving up all hope on ever finding a job. i just be a volunteer and get public assistance all my life. because i feel so stupid and dumb and i cant never get a job. I try and try to hold on but i am just fighting a losing battle. I get don't know what to do anymore. i really just feel like giving up and checking into a mental hospital since i feel like am losing my mind. I just have a lot of things against me. maybe i ought to just forget this whole job thing.:cry2::cry2::cry2:

Last edited:
katya

katya

You will get there. Interviews are hard. Plus, you never know what they've got in mind about who they want to hire before they even see you. Please don't feel too discouraged. It'll happen.

student12

student12

People ask me either vague ass interview questions or one question and they expect me to do well. its like these interviewers want me to fail these interviews so they will have a damn reason not to hire me. i feel as through some people don't want me to get ahead. well they win am down now and i don't think i can get back UP this time. in fact if it wasn't for my little brother i honestly think i would commit suicide at this point. Maybe i could get a job in the next life if not this one. :cry2:

Last edited:
pepecat

pepecat

Interviewers generally aren't there to trip you up...... they want to hire someone, so they have to make sure that you can do the job, that you want to do the job, and that you'll fit into the company. Interviews are a chance for you to sell yourself and tell them what you can do.

There is an element of game playing with it though - you have to be enthusiastic (even if you might not 100% want the job), you have to kinda spin things to help yourself out - things like, if they ask what your biggest weakness is (for example), you can turn it into a positive. So you could answer that it's your attention to detail, but in previous jobs you've found this to be a good thing and it means you do a thorough job. That kind of thing.

A lot of interview sucess is in the preparation, and in the game playing that goes along with it.

And no, I'm not particularly sucessful in interviews - the last two jobs I've got I came second and people how came first dropped out, so they then hired me.

student12

student12

But i did all the above but that didn't seem to help either, but screw it i don't care about it anymore. There will be other interviews. Its stressful but whatever its something i got to deal with. I just have a mope fest fed my face with junk food and be better by the morning to do my volunteer work. So i just keep on doing my little non paying job hoping and wishing for a paid one. yeah the story of my life.shrug:

Last edited: