• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling deppressed

N

Nushy

Hi everyone
Im feeling low and deppressed again today . has anybody else ever felt their friends drift away from them just because one suffers from deppression, i have a few friends that have been avoiding me since i went downhill with my deppression and i keep blaming myself for it , i just dont understand what i have done wrong , for them to stop talking to me . 😢

wollie

wollie

Hi Nushy.

All my friends disappeared when I got depression, actually a lot of them dissapeared when I stopped smoking pot, Dont blame your self it is ignorant people that leave their friends behind
Keep your spirits up:D

B

Bet

it is not your fault. Probably just about everyone,who has any mental problems, has experienced this.
I think if I live to be 100, I'll never understand people. The older u get, like me, the more u realize it.
People just don't know what to say or do, and a lot of people feel they are expected "to fix" the situation. Now, if u have a cold or broken arm, they know they are not expected to fix it, but do know you may need some help. Most people can deal with physical problems much better than mental.
Personally, I'd rather sit with someone who is having a hard day than someone I have to physically do things for.🙂
What I don't think they realize is that they are making things worse for you.
Like I daid though, don't put it on yourself. They may be weaker than u are. People, in general I think, are more and more caught up in themselves.
I take it that u are being yelled? If not, please get help. Try to get something going that lifts your spirits. For me it is usually music. However, I also know that stuck place where u don't even have the umph to do something that usually makes u better.
I hope your day gets better. Don't dwell on those people, but yourself. Real true friends don't desert you, and those are the ones u want in your life.

PerpetuallyStuck

PerpetuallyStuck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
People can be really fickle, they will sway with the wind and be fair weather friends. Whoever is deemed popular, people will flock to. It's annoying. There is a lack of loyalty and respect in society.

B

Bet

People can be really fickle, they will sway with the wind and be fair weather friends. Whoever is deemed popular, people will flock to. It's annoying. There is a lack of loyalty and respect in society.
There certainly is. However, we can strive to rise above that, and be the kindness that someone else may need.

PerpetuallyStuck

PerpetuallyStuck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
There certainly is. However, we can strive to rise above that, and be the kindness that someone else may need.
It gets draining and disheartening when I put in a lot of effort and pay attention to people, and I get people just shrugging the shoulders and they're like "meh". I can see why people get depressed because of it!

B

Bet

That sounds like you may be getting pulled down with them, and maybe trying to fix them when that's not possible. You have to be in one of stronger frames of mind when it comes to helping others. I really like doing things to surprise people. Don't really have anyone around to do this to right now, but I will make some something to give them, or buy a chocolate bar, send an ecard. I'm talking about anyone. U really never know when what we may think is the smallest thing, wiil be a huge thing in another's life.