• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feeling dehumanised from feeling invisible

• Thread starter Elizabethssuzanne
  • Start date
E

Elizabethssuzanne

Hi - I don’t think I posted on this sub forum before so I hope I’m in the right place. I am going to share an ongoing issue I have been having. I am grateful for anyone who reads this, or for any input.

for the past 10 months, I just feel like I am not being heard, I feel invisible. Whenever I try to talk about something that has upset me or how I’m feeling to a trusted friend or family member, they brush over me and change the subject. I find this disappointing, as I try to always hear them out with any worries or issues they are having, because I know the feeling of needing someone. It makes me feel really isolated. I struggle a lot with chronic anxiety which then in turn causes depression. I feel like I cannot trust anyone. I don’t know how I can get better and get through this, if I can’t ever explain how I’m feeling. It’s just a really lonely feeling, I have really gone into my head because of this. Because I am so in my head, I cannot be around anyone, any time I’m even around people for more than 10-20 minutes, I feel tired and drained. I just end up crying, because I feel so alone. I have never felt so alone before in my life I don’t say that lightly because I feel like absolutely no one I can find understands. I feel trapped in my head. Sometimes I do cry when I just cannot hold it in anymore or pretend to be okay, then when people ask what’s wrong I just have to lie and say it’s hayfever or something got in my eye. Because I have no trust to be vulnerable. I don’t who I am anymore. I feel dehumanised

it’s exhausting living this way

there’s a lot of pressure building up I’m not sure how long I can hold up

I’m not sure how well I explained my thoughts and how I’m feeling

T

Tombomb

During holidays I too feel everyone is trying too out do me but I don’t know what I did ? I just want too be understood n sometimes people treat me like a punching bag? N I understand completely? Ha ha have u ever experience like ur holding fun back from others when anxiety??

A

Anxietyhell

When we suffer from and experience anxiety, it is exhausting and can require so much effort just to function...Its is an invisible state, so whilst we may appear physically normal and ok on the outside and to others, inside we can feel like we are battling to remain in control..It is a very lonely and can be isolating exiperience..

. Crying is a form of realease, we are feeling sad for ourselves... Unheard, unnoticed and even not relevant in ways..
Its not so much about others, its about how we are struggling to cope....Its also can be difficult to explain to someone, and for them to understand how we feel

.. Other people have their issues that we may not know about or be aware of, so they are not always open or receptive to ours..

Have you sought some help / advice from your gp? Not that I reccomend meds, but they may listen and be able to refer you to someone that may help.. .

E

Elizabethssuzanne

When we suffer from and experience anxiety, it is exhausting and can require so much effort just to function...Its is an invisible state, so whilst we may appear physically normal and ok on the outside and to others, inside we can feel like we are battling to remain in control..It is a very lonely and can be isolating exiperience..

. Crying is a form of realease, we are feeling sad for ourselves... Unheard, unnoticed and even not relevant in ways..
Its not so much about others, its about how we are struggling to cope....Its also can be difficult to explain to someone, and for them to understand how we feel

.. Other people have their issues that we may not know about or be aware of, so they are not always open or receptive to ours..

Have you sought some help / advice from your gp? Not that I reccomend meds, but they may listen and be able to refer you to someone that may help.. .
thank you for your reply 🙏it really is an invisible state :( I don’t think I ever let something like this take control of me so much it’s scaring me. I used to be on meds but they werent too helpful. And I can try asking gp to refer me to someone to talk to, I hope it can be the right thing for me😰

A

Anxietyhell

It is very scary, I think most people experience anxiety at various times and for various reasons and is natural and normal... Its when it becomes prolonged anxiety, and becomes difficult to function, and leads to depression.. That's is when we can need help - or and identifying what is causing the anxiety, and trying to address it in some way... People can offer advice such as distrsctions, but they can be just a temporary solution to an ongoing issue... But seeking help, by talking to someone that listens and understands can relieve some of the isolation and lonely feeling associated with it... Good luck

A

Anxietyhell

distractions

E

Elizabethssuzanne

It is very scary, I think most people experience anxiety at various times and for various reasons and is natural and normal... Its when it becomes prolonged anxiety, and becomes difficult to function, and leads to depression.. That's is when we can need help - or and identifying what is causing the anxiety, and trying to address it in some way... People can offer advice such as distrsctions, but they can be just a temporary solution to an ongoing issue... But seeking help, by talking to someone that listens and understands can relieve some of the isolation and lonely feeling associated with it... Good luck
Yes 10 months of this has been too long :( it’s become too much to withstand. Im angry at myself that I let it get this bad :( I’m hoping when I talk to someone that I can find my way out of this. Thank you for your help 🙏🏻

L

llcoolj42

Hi. First and foremost, I would try to be kinder on yourself. I have had anxiety since age 16, Im now 42! I have had to work from home for the past 2 years, as I care for my mum who has dementia. This has worsened my condition. You lose all confidence and purpose when not interacting with people. There are plenty of people out there who can you can trust to confide in so don't suffer alone. There are also loads of people on here who understand your feelings. Reach out xx

A

Anxietyhell

Yes 10 months of this has been too long :( it’s become too much to withstand. Im angry at myself that I let it get this bad :( I’m hoping when I talk to someone that I can find my way out of this. Thank you for your help 🙏🏻
Don't be angry at yourself, you were being strong and trying to cope.. Now you just need a helping hand or two...Life is challenging, and we become affected by those challenges..Often they can creep up and build up, and it can all manifest as anxiety... You will overcome and get it to a more manageable place.. May be hiccups every now and again, but just try to take each day..

E

Elizabethssuzanne

Don't be angry at yourself, you were being strong and trying to cope.. Now you just need a helping hand or two...Life is challenging, and we become affected by those challenges..Often they can creep up and build up, and it can all manifest as anxiety... You will overcome and get it to a more manageable place.. May be hiccups every now and again, but just try to take each day..
🙏🏻🙏🏻Thanks so much

E

Elizabethssuzanne

Hi. First and foremost, I would try to be kinder on yourself. I have had anxiety since age 16, Im now 42! I have had to work from home for the past 2 years, as I care for my mum who has dementia. This has worsened my condition. You lose all confidence and purpose when not interacting with people. There are plenty of people out there who can you can trust to confide in so don't suffer alone. There are also loads of people on here who understand your feelings. Reach out xx
Hi, I’m sorry to hear about that 😰I hope things can get easier soon for you too :( I admit I run away from anything that makes me feel worse. I lost a lot of confidence in my interactions with people :( I just second guess myself all the time and I get so stressed. Then I convince myself that people hate me. I should try reach out more it’s true :( thanks your message xx

L

llcoolj42

You certainly don't sound like someone people would hate :). You sound very caring and warm. So you deserve happiness and contentment like anyone else, I should practice what i preach lol x

E

Elizabethssuzanne

You certainly don't sound like someone people would hate :). You sound very caring and warm. So you deserve happiness and contentment like anyone else, I should practice what i preach lol x
thats kind 🙏🏻thank you so much x