• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feeling deflated and defeated over PIP decision.

J

justgettingby00

I’m not sure where to start, so I guess I can tell a little bit about what’s bought me here and why.

when I was 16 I got attacked and have never really dealt with it, I got on by and lived life as normal as can be, was working and being social until I lost my job and went onto jobseekers. 22 at the time they sent me to work at a parcel sorting place that was miles and miles away and work nights as I don’t drive, I relied on a taxi service the work supplied to get us there and back. One day we counted how many people would need the service to get back home at 6 in the morning and someone miscounted which meant one of us would get left behind. I can out of work to see everyone in the taxi’s pull out of the site and that’s when it all kicked in. I started sweating, feeling sick and heaving. I tried calling my mom who was going for an operation in 2 hours time and she wouldn’t be able to pick me up because she would miss her important operation, I tried calling local to me and the place taxi services all of which refused to help due to the distance they would need to go. So I had no options other than to get in trucks with strangers who I don’t know or wait an hour for a ride back from a manager who is also a stranger. It was one of the most traumatic times of my life, feeling like I couldn’t do anything and no one would help me. The panic I was going through I still feel it today. I never went back to that job, I never went back to a jobseekers appointment because anytime I thought of leaving my home to do anything I would start throwing up and sweating, heart racing. I just couldn’t do it! - now I’m about to turn 29 have been on ESA since (after fighting tooth and nail to get it) and I put a claim in for PIP in June, I had my phone assessment on the 29th November and got my letter back today to say I haven’t been awarded PIP. The biggest shock of all is that they scored me ZERO points, 0.
and now I’m just in this massive down mood, it feels like the biggest slap in the face that after an emotional phone call, a hard one to talk about, that I didn’t land a point on anything. So now I’m just asking what do I do now?
Sorry if this was posted in the wrong category.

Z

Zoe1

hi justgettingby :welcome:

I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience
something like that nearly happened to me
and it was terrifying

you need to be very kind to yourself about it

as for the PIP you are in the UK
you should be able to see a benefits adviser
if you contact the Citizens Advice Bureau

:grouphug:

J

justgettingby00

hi justgettingby :welcome:

I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience
something like that nearly happened to me
and it was terrifying

you need to be very kind to yourself about it

as for the PIP you are in the UK
you should be able to see a benefits adviser
if you contact the Citizens Advice Bureau

:grouphug:

yeah the process was so terrifying, after being attacked and unable to trust people to then having to trust complete strangers just to get home was and has left me to this day terrified of doing anything. My home is my safe haven, I don’t go out now unless my mom comes with me and because she works full time it don’t happen often.
Yeah I’m from the UK, I’d probs have to call them and see I guess. The entire process is just so sad and heart wrenching to go through, feels like no one listens or believes you.
Thank you for replying x

Z

Zoe1

there are people who will listen and believe you
justgettingby you have to keep going past the ones who don't