• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Feeling constantly stressed

I

Inga Runa

I have no idea of what anxiety really means. How it is supposed to be and if the constant level of stress I am in, with a racing heart, worrying through the roof about everything, feeling as if it was hard to get enough air in, is actually anxiety.

It feels like to be right before a big exam, before a burial, right after getting to know your mom died, or noticing a stranger in your house.

i have just a GP around, next psychologist is 450 km away.

Will only medication help? Will Sertraline help me calm down? Should I try to get a psychologist at least on the phone?

I am so so so worried and panicking right now.

Sam1305

Sam1305

I'm am not a professional but to me it sounds like you have anxiety since you constantly worry about whats going to happen in the future and that stresses you out. I would definitly suggest you try to talk to a psychologist because again , i am not one and selfdiagnose isn't the best thing to do. When i got diagnosed we (me and my therapist) first tried helping my anxiety without medication . it didn't work for me but there are a lot of free rescorces to educate and learn about your anxiety and how to help it. I hope you can find someone professional to talk to about this.

I

Inga Runa

Thank you for your answer. My GP diagnosed me and has put me on medication (since yesterday). He doesn’t seem to clueless, but of course is just a general practitioner and not a psychologist. I will try to see if there is a chance of finding someone online.

PurplePrinny80s

PurplePrinny80s

Thank you for your answer. My GP diagnosed me and has put me on medication (since yesterday). He doesn’t seem to clueless, but of course is just a general practitioner and not a psychologist.
My GP saved my life when my psychiatrist refused to put me on any meds other than a mild ADD medication to stop my "overeating". She listened to me and got me started on the road to recovery.

Look up Dialetical behavioural therapy and radical acceptance. It's been helpful with anxiety for me.

I

Inga Runa

My GP saved my life when my psychiatrist refused to put me on any meds other than a mild ADD medication to stop my "overeating". She listened to me and got me started on the road to recovery.

Look up Dialetical behavioural therapy and radical acceptance. It's been helpful with anxiety for me.

Thanks for the reply and info!