• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feeling cold because of anxiety?

D

Dutchguy37

Hi everyone! I'm a 37 year old guy from Holland. I have anxiety and ocd all my life with various symptoms. After I got my first Moderna vaccination 9 weeks ago I began to develop new anxiety symptoms. For example I get hot flashes on my upper back, feeling really warm but als cold flashes! Whenever I go outside I start sweating and I get really cold, and the cold doesn't go away. So while my friends are getting warm in the sun I sit beside them and get colder and colder. very strange, does anybody else knows this symptom? I went to my acupuncture guy and he said its not from the vaccine, thats what I was afraid of first. He thinks my anxiety got worse because I maybe was afraid of the vaccine. Since 2 weeks I also have terrible panic attacks. Anyway does anyone have the cold symptoms when dealing with chronic anxiety? thanks!

OneDayAtATime156

OneDayAtATime156

that happens to me. cold to the point of shivering like crazy when i'm anxious. could be 80 degrees outside and if something triggers me i will start to shake and feel cold. hot flashes also happen to me quite often before and during panic attacks.

D

Dutchguy37

that happens to me. cold to the point of shivering like crazy when i'm anxious. could be 80 degrees outside and if something triggers me i will start to shake and feel cold. hot flashes also happen to me quite often before and during panic attacks.
Thanks for the reply! Yes its such a weird sensation. I never had it, started few weeks ago and I have it all the time. whenever I take a shower and get out of the shower, shivers of cold. and outside all the time. I think I have a flare up in my chronic anxiety or something that makes my body find new sensations to bore me with... so much fun haha

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

This happens to me too, usually when my anxiety spikes even higher and I'm pre-panic attack. I'll feel really cold and I'll start shivering. If the source of the distress / anxiety / panic subsides, and I calm down again, I'll instantly warm up.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Not feeling it Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 11
L Feeling low and wondering why Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
P Anxiety Disorder without feeling anxious or panic? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
V I've never felt this kind of feeling before Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 25
D Feeling of dread/impending doom/something bad about to happen. How to cope? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 10
soulsearcher Feeling really anxious Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 22
A Feeling sick in a happy relationship Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
R Does anyone have episodes of feeling faint Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
M Constant physical symptoms of anxiety and spaced out feeling. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
J Tired of this feeling Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
N Light headed/Off balance Feeling? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
M How to explain this without feeling weak? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
F Feeling completely hopeless and inadequate Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
soulsearcher sick of feeling always anxious Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 19
B Feeling so scared Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 13
H Feeling so bad Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
J Feeling More Anxious The Older I Get. I Am 51. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
H feeling anxious Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
D I want to cry, I’m screaming from hell im almost 19, my anxiety is causing from low self esteem, feeling like a child Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
O Feeling of swaying and falling during anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
nickybow86 Feeling very anxious Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
W Indescribable thought or feeling Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
H Feeling a lot worse before feeling better on Sertraline? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
I feeling terrified omg so low so worse Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 14
R Feeling dazed and confused Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
B Feeling a little low Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
O Feeling like a zombie? Numb? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
M New here, feeling lonely, upset, unloved, scared and generally desperate! Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
M generalized anxiety disorder taking over my life, feeling suicidal :/ Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
J Feeling Odd Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
M Valentines Day: is anyone else feeling anxious or depressed by this upcoming commercial event? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 21
L vague feeling of doubt and that i am a bad person. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
W Feeling embarrassed after drinking. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
M feeling anxious meeting new social worker Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
markh75 feeling more relaxed. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
M Feeling Trapped Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
M Feeling Trapped Inside My Own Head Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
Zoe :) Feeling like the old me is coming back Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 15
E Just been diagnosed with Anxiety... How do you get out of feeling like this?! Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
K constant bad feeling in pit of stomach :( Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
C Anxious, Depressed and feeling lost!!!!!! Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
A Cold sweats Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
S Upset Stomach Anxiety - anyone else experience this? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
L Is Anxiety pain real?? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
L My anxiety/panic experience Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 23
S Meditation for Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
Daybreak Anybody try self-message and/or essential oils for anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
H Bedridden for over a week with severe anxiety/panic post COVID infection Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
pjb15201 Increased panic and anxiety since pandemic rules lessened ? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 9
T Anxiety attack experiences Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4