Feeling Clingy

E

EstherRose94

Im annoyed that my bf was hurt last night because now he’s going to be all standoffish and I keep trying to get reassurance and he might get more angry then.

Im seriously thinking of using some of my “when needed” anxiety meds today to keep me calmer. I can’t push him more or he might leave.

T

TheBoyWithAWanderingMind

Hello,

Have you ever sat your boyfriend down and talked with him about your feelings? That may be a good time to ask him how he feels and what his current thoughts/feelings are about the relationship that the two of you have. This is the best piece of advise that I can offer to you at this time. About two weeks ago, my boyfriend of almost two years, advised me that he no longer had feelings for me. Needless to say, I was devastated and the week that followed, I was a mental and emotional wreck. With having just been through this, I'd strongly encourage you to have a little sit-down with your boyfriend, just to get a feel for where he's at. Personally...I think it'll be easier because if there's the possibility of him breaking any bad news to you or telling you something that you don't want to hear, it will probably be easier than having him tell you one day, out of the blue, that he wants to break up (or whatever he may wish to do).

Blessings!

Lunus

Lunus

Hello,

Have you ever sat your boyfriend down and talked with him about your feelings? That may be a good time to ask him how he feels and what his current thoughts/feelings are about the relationship that the two of you have. This is the best piece of advise that I can offer to you at this time. About two weeks ago, my boyfriend of almost two years, advised me that he no longer had feelings for me. Needless to say, I was devastated and the week that followed, I was a mental and emotional wreck. With having just been through this, I'd strongly encourage you to have a little sit-down with your boyfriend, just to get a feel for where he's at. Personally...I think it'll be easier because if there's the possibility of him breaking any bad news to you or telling you something that you don't want to hear, it will probably be easier than having him tell you one day, out of the blue, that he wants to break up (or whatever he may wish to do).

Blessings!
I empathise with you my friend. My wife stormed out last New Years Eve and I thought she’d gone forever. I was totally grief stricken. Thankfully she came back hours later but the pain was unbearable. I hope everything turns out ok for you.

T

TheBoyWithAWanderingMind

I empathise with you my friend. My wife stormed out last New Years Eve and I thought she’d gone forever. I was totally grief stricken. Thankfully she came back hours later but the pain was unbearable. I hope everything turns out ok for you.
SO happy to hear that your wife returned home! In my case, we are on a "break" to see if things change and his feelings for me return. We've talked every day, so... regardless of which direction things head in, we'll still be on good terms.

Lunus

Lunus

SO happy to hear that your wife returned home! In my case, we are on a "break" to see if things change and his feelings for me return. We've talked every day, so... regardless of which direction things head in, we'll still be on good terms.
We had a break of four months back in the day..so all is not lost.

T

TheBoyWithAWanderingMind

We had a break of four months back in the day..so all is not lost.
Really? Wow... Maybe a four month break is what my partner and I need.... At this point, I can't say. I'm just going to let the chips fall where they may. Once thing I know, is that I can't make a person feel a certain way, so...if his feelings come back, they come back. If they don't, life continues...and so should we, you know? I mean, we're friends right now (best friends, actually) and if his feelings don't return, at least we're friends.

Lunus

Lunus

Really? Wow... Maybe a four month break is what my partner and I need.... At this point, I can't say. I'm just going to let the chips fall where they may. Once thing I know, is that I can't make a person feel a certain way, so...if his feelings come back, they come back. If they don't, life continues...and so should we, you know? I mean, we're friends right now (best friends, actually) and if his feelings don't return, at least we're friends.
It was the only time I’d really been alone and I was heartbroken but we had to see if we were happier alone. We weren’t, I drove over to see her and pleaded with her to come home. She did and thirty years later we’re still together. Be a good friend and see what happens.

T

TheBoyWithAWanderingMind

Wow! What a testament that is to your love for each other! I love stories like that.

He and I see each other every Friday night. That's the night that he has off, so we usually will go out to eat, see a movie or whatever. He and I talk everyday and we really value each other. He's been going through a lot in the past two or three weeks and he knows I'm there for him.