• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling Anxious and Somewhat Desperate

A

amber1

Well, I had a good night's sleep and woke up pretty peaceful but once the day is underway I start to feel sick to the stomach. Seeing psych at 1pm this afternoon, gonna maybe ask if I can go to one of the Recovery Houses they have in my borough. I've never been to one before, they're a relatively new thing and not heard great things about them tbh, but I think it might just be reassuring to not be totally on my own for a little while. There used to be a really good Crisis Unit really local to me but sadly it closed down...I miss it greatly at times like this. Also gonna see if he will prescribe me a few benzos.

A

amber1

Hey Nikita, thanks for the reply. I have to take each minute as it comes at the moment. I spoke to a guy earlier at a local suicide support residential place (it's a small charity staffed mostly by volunteers) that might be able to offer me a short stay (though I am not currently suicidal thoughts of it have been floating around my head for a few years now). He was so nice, and I felt able to be fairly articulate about what I'm going through , it was a helpful conversation and when I hung up I had calmed down a lot and no longer feel sick or very anxious.

I would rather go to this place than the Recovery House if I can, I like the sound of it better. Less institutional and medical model, more talking and making connections, that's kind of what I need right now. Get my confidence back with people, though it means constantly challenging fears of rejection, stigma etc.

Thank you for the offer to talk, I am still finding my way around the forum slowly and I might PM at some point! Hugs to you

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Depression Forum 8
Faith198 Depression Forum 4
G Depression Forum 24
R Depression Forum 1
R Depression Forum 15