Feeling alone

L

Loulax14

I’ve suffered with anxiety for many years now and recently it’s got worse I’ve never felt more alone . I have my family but they don’t understand what I’m going through . I don’t know how to get through all of this I feel worthless and like I shouldn’t be here anymore it hasn’t helped that I have recently split with my boyfriend . I just don’t know what to do anymore

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Hi and welcome to the forum!
You need time to grieve for the break up of your relationship. Its not easy getting over heart ache especially when you feel so alone. It will take time and some effort to get through this but you can and you will!

As for family not understanding, i get that. My mum and dad are in their 60's and their generation didnt talk about mental health like we do now. So mine find it hard to understand where i am at. Its not their fault, sometimes its hard to understand something you havent been through yourself.

Thats where the forum is good, people here do understand and its a friendly place here.
Please keep talking,
Hugs
Fox

Valka

Valka

Hi Loulax and welcome to the forum!
Breakups can be really crappy and they can make MH problems worse that's for sure. But this forum is full of nice people and good help, so you're not alone.

:welcome:

L

Loulax14

Thank you it means a lot to know I have people to talk to on here , the worse is at night my mind goes and my anxiety gets worse

L

Lashaie2012

I feel the exact same why like I have no one to talk to and then I come on here and there’s so many people to talk to

M

megirl

Welcome
Its great you've joined the forum,
Its a really good place to be,getting support from like minded people,
Keep posting you would get the support you need
Like Foxjo said its hard for people to understand if they havnt been there,
Take care
megirl x

G

gam9147

I know how you feel. Especially if you don't have a significant other and with parents who may not be familiar with anxiety you can feel very isolated. It's good to foster friendships to help you through in the future, although obviously thats harder for all of us when we are feeling very anxious and doesn't help the immediate issue.

I had a significant flare up of my generalized anxiety disorder that broke me for several months a ways back when my wife of 7 years picked up and left at the time. She was often the one I would lean on, so her absence definitely made it difficult. I worked with a therapist to help me through it and went back to cognitive behavioral therapy to help counter my thoughts. If you haven't yet I highly encourage you to seek some expert help, specifically cognitive behavioral. There are a ton of books and a number of posts even in this forum to help you as well. I'm going through it back again now myself as I've had another bout of problems recently.

G

P

Pollypop

Welcome. I am so glad you have joined us.

I have done cbt before and am starting it again from books
and self help courses.

I am feeling very low and confused at the moment.
I only have the people on the forum who I can share things with.

I have no friends or even acquaintances in my life.
I pushed everyone away and don’t leave the house.

I have my husband but he admits he doesn’t understand it
and just accepts it as being the way I am.
I also have no family.

Most of the time I don’t understand me either.

Wishing you all we