• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feeling alone & exhausted

kkaw0114

kkaw0114

This is just a rant so i apologize if it doesn't flow haha: Lately, I have been feeling so alone which ultimately makes me feel sad. I have a few good friends and a boyfriend but it is not like I can hang out with them all the time. When I'm around other people, these negative feelings or thoughts immediately disappear. It's that moment I am alone I get this overwhelmingly sad feeling and it drags me down.. As pathetic as this sounds, the feeling intensifies when I see people hanging out with each other on social media. I try to keep myself busy but these thoughts of being alone and feeling empty really exhausts me. I don't want to depend on others for my own happiness but I kinda wish I had more people to talk to..I don't know anymore. I just feel rather stuck. Does anyone have advice on coping with this feeling?

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Hi and welcome to the forum. 💗
Writing and listening to music help me. I am sorry I don't have more to offer, but there are alot of supportive people on the forum.

E

EclipticNight

I watch people play games and do commentation over it called let's plays. It's like they are talking directly to you. It kind of feels like hanging out with a friend. Plenty of channels out there with all manner of content.

G

Gotmeagain

This is just a rant so i apologize if it doesn't flow haha: Lately, I have been feeling so alone which ultimately makes me feel sad. I have a few good friends and a boyfriend but it is not like I can hang out with them all the time. When I'm around other people, these negative feelings or thoughts immediately disappear. It's that moment I am alone I get this overwhelmingly sad feeling and it drags me down.. As pathetic as this sounds, the feeling intensifies when I see people hanging out with each other on social media. I try to keep myself busy but these thoughts of being alone and feeling empty really exhausts me. I don't want to depend on others for my own happiness but I kinda wish I had more people to talk to..I don't know anymore. I just feel rather stuck. Does anyone have advice on coping with this feeling?
Do you feel in a position where you are able to make new friends? For example joining a social group/college course etc? I’m feeling very similar so have deleted some of my social media to avoid seeing those sorts of things at the moment. Even though some people are reaching out to me, but am pushing them away. Perhaps a hobby at home would help keep you occupied and kept the thoughts and feelings at bay. Not sure if you have family you could meet up with. I often take my niece out when I feel like this, she’s 12 and cheers me up and doesn’t judge me so I can be myself around her.

kkaw0114

kkaw0114

Do you feel in a position where you are able to make new friends? For example joining a social group/college course etc? I’m feeling very similar so have deleted some of my social media to avoid seeing those sorts of things at the moment. Even though some people are reaching out to me, but am pushing them away. Perhaps a hobby at home would help keep you occupied and kept the thoughts and feelings at bay. Not sure if you have family you could meet up with. I often take my niece out when I feel like this, she’s 12 and cheers me up and doesn’t judge me so I can be myself around her.
I just finished grad school a few weeks ago. I feel that I am able to make friends but I do have social anxiety too. It gets in the way of actually making more meaningful friendships, especially with girls. I've had some rly bad experiences in the past with being friends with girls in particular, so I am really closed off and awkward when around other girls. I really only have 3 close friends that are girls, the rest are guys haha But I have been thinking of deleting my social media, just to help my own mental health! I agree with finding a hobby to do at home, I will look into that. thank you for the idea :) I appreciate your reply too!

W

Weareinthistogether

W

Weareinthistogether

I understand. I don't have a boyfriend or any friends that I really hang out with. Like you negative thoughts and feeling disappear when I'm with someone. I'm looking for answers myself so no advice. Just know you're not alone