• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feeling alittle off

Nate

Nate

I'm waking up crying, just feeling down. I go for walks and I feel so oppressed that I feel like curling up into a ball and disappearing. I feel like my heart's been ripped out of my chest and I'm hurting. I hate this life, I'm sick of suffering, I'm tired of crying all the time, tired of the oppression.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Hi Nate,

How are you feeling this afternoon? although i don't know what time it is in Maine.

I like your avatar.

Waking up crying is a sign of depression. Are you depressed? Are you having treatment?

When you say you hate this life, it makes me worry you are going to give up, are you coping ok?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide

This is a helpful short quiz about depression

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

Nate

Nate

Hi Nate,

How are you feeling this afternoon? although i don't know what time it is in Maine.

I like your avatar.

Waking up crying is a sign of depression. Are you depressed? Are you having treatment?

When you say you hate this life, it makes me worry you are going to give up, are you coping ok?
Hi Tawny, thanks for responding. I'm not ready to give up I'm just getting tired of struggling. They recently change some of my meds. They took away mirtazapine and added lithium to my med regiment, maybe that's why I feel like crap. I meet my treatment team on Wednesday so we'll sort things out. Again thanks for responding.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
That's ok, i am glad you are coping just about and have support.

Stopping an antidepressant is really hard but the lithium should take its place very soon and bring your mood back up again as it is good for depression also.

Oliver2019

Oliver2019

Hi Tawny, thanks for responding. I'm not ready to give up I'm just getting tired of struggling. They recently change some of my meds. They took away mirtazapine and added lithium to my med regiment, maybe that's why I feel like crap. I meet my treatment team on Wednesday so we'll sort things out. Again thanks for responding.
Nate, changing medications can really mess up our emotional roller coaster. Believe me, I've been through this for 40 years. I'm 72 and still changing meds. Don't give up. Hang in there, and just try to understand it's the chemicals messing with your mind.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi Nate,
Sorry to hear your struggling, good luck for the meeting with your treatment team. Hope you feel better very soon.