• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feelin Rubbish

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I have sepent the last six months doing everything I can to try and get myself better and I feel that in the last 24 hours everything is slipping away like quick sand. i can t regain control and I am scared

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
sorry to hear that Integal hopefully its just a small step backwards and you will benefit form all the things you have been trying in the last six months. Is there anything in particular that has set you back?
KP

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Logically it is prob a massive lack of sleep and a cold and a few other unexpected things. I am just finding this whole festive thing hard I am relly skint at the moment and I just cant do anything other than just live never mind anything else. work is so hard and I am not even full time yet I just dont know what to do for the best any moree

J

jamesdean

Hi intelgal If I'm unable to sleep and it usually goes in weekly cycles once i loose one night then I'm just one big massive mess I justcannot function.
I was at a meeting yesterday and there were a lot peole saying how hard it is this year trying to not put the heating on because of the cost and I know my parents say this year is a really bad one with the weather, I've just got my heating on at night I cannot not afford it in the day, I just put extra clothes on in the day.
I started to get my christmas meats early but I've still not budgeted that well I think christmas takes everyone by surprise, it can be such a difficult time of year, take care best wishes James

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Thanks JD.. I managed a few hours last night so feeling a little better. Hope your ok Intel
xx

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Morning Intel - sorry to hear that things are tough again for you. Lack of sleep is awful and sends my mood low very quickly, I find, and I think we underestimate how much extra there is to do at this time of year, when normally it's hard enough to keep functioning in a vaguely ok manner. But you have done everything you can over the last few months and those things will help again, even if not right now. But I'm really glad to hear that today is a bit better - take good care of yourself and be kind to yourself.

:hug:
Rollinat

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Thanks Rollinat.. Hpe our feeling a bit better to. I really felt completly off it yesterday and nothing was going to work. ! But I supposr I ve made it through to wednesday so we can see what what today! :)

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Intelgal,

Just spotted this thread... I hope you're still feeling on the way up, as opposed to the other way. Remember that though your work is still part time it's still going to be a lot to take on and a big change from what you've been doing recently (and I think you're brilliant and brave for going for it). Remember the stuff you have done in your CBT and go easy on yourself.

In terms of crimbo it reminds me of the Friends episode where all of the blokes get no further than a filling station and have to buy all of their gifts from what is available there with apprently dire results except that the gifts are soon forgotten and (here's the corny bit!) they are all happy to be together. Maybe you could do something similar but with things found in the hospital - as long as you approach the whole thing with an air of total sillines then everyone else will too! After all crimbo should be fun.

Whatever you do, Ihope that you look after yourself and take care,
Honey, xx, :hug::hug::hug:

P

Prawny

Sorry you were feeling so poo, sometimes things all just build up and you feel like nothing will ever fix it (depression, what fun eh *glowers*), but take everything a little bit at a time and things will start to right themselves *hugs* I hope today is a better day :)

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

I'm really sorry to hear you're not feeling great Intelgal :hug: Honey raises a good point with the Friends thing though - don't place too much emphasis on the presents and just be happy with who you're spending it with :) Just buy something cheap and silly, you never know it could be the best thing they receive!!

Try to get some rest too, if you have the virus I had, it took pretty much everything out of me and I felt shockingly low! All weekend I spent more or less in bed and this week it's paid off, the virus is shifting slowly!

Take care and be kind to yourself :grouphug::hug:

keepsafe

keepsafe

I hope you are having a better day today too!

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Thanks you guys got me self dosed up and going to try and sleep now!

xxxx

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Have a good sleep Intelgal - are you still full of the cold? Take care.

:hug:
Rollinat

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
...... yer its gone on my chest too :( but on the plus side I ve managed to sleep and have something to help me tonight so fingers crossed. It always suprises me how disorganised your thinking becomes at the slightest pressure.. I suppose six months ago I maybe could not have got it a bit more organised so quickly than a couple of days and would prob have taken weeks, so I suppose what I am trying to say is that maybe I am getting better!

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Glad to hear you got some sleep. Sounds like you have managed to get things under control which is great - definitely a good sign, I would say. I hope you feel better soon - take care.

Rollinat