• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feel very depressed

I

invisible2014

Yesterday was such a horrible day.i got called in order because I was asked at one site how many staff the other site had and I answered and apparently they didn't like the answer i gave now I'm feeling very depressed and don't want to get up today. They was very harsh on me I'm feeling really upset depressed and tearful

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I am sorry invisible. They should be ashamed of themselves. You were just doing your job and they were very unprofessional.

I

invisible2014

I am sorry invisible. They should be ashamed of themselves. You were just doing your job and they were very unprofessional.
Thank you Lordburt .they was very horrible to me

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

Browbeating conscientious employees is really appalling. Nothing depresses productivity more than making good employees feel defeated. Smart leadership know that. I try and deal in positives when I know somebody is struggling and doing their best.

I

invisible2014

It's made me so.ill I've not been able to get out of bed today .I was very shocked felt they was very rude to me .trying to make out I've been going round boasting about one site using more staff and I genuinely got asked by a colleague so just told her honestly and I feel so upset I don't want to go in next week at all

I

invisible2014

Wish I had you as my boss .you sound like a great boss

A

Aurelius

Having to put up with people like that no wonder you are feeling so low invisible 2014. My grandmother used to tell me when I was a little boy, "If the person they are talking about is not the person you see when you look in the mirror, if the person they are talking about is not the person people who really care about you see - then it is not you!! The person they are really talking about is themselves and the problems they have in their head and they are trying to push these onto you. So, once they are out of sight, I know it is hard, but let go. They have already stamped on one of your feet, so don't damage yourself further by stamping on the other. People like that are hurtful enough, we don't need to give them the added pleasure of watching us hurt ourselves. That is the kind of power over our lives people like that would love to think they have."

I

invisible2014

Thank you for your advice.theyve caused a big friction between me and some colleagues.

A

Aurelius

Just do not let any of this change who you are as a positive person at work. I am sure it will not take too long for the majority of your colleagues to realise what is what and where the issues really lie. Sometimes, although it is painful while we do it, we just have to ride these things out. My youngest son and I are at opposite ends of our careers and we are both going through similar situations. There just seems to be people like this wherever you go to work these days and in every walk of life. Try to not let what happens at work stop you investing in your wellbeing in the other parts of your life.

I

invisible2014

Thank you they are really struggling and asked me how many staff the other site I have I answered and they didn't like my answer

A

Aurelius

You can only be honest, it is the basis of trust. Sometimes reality is painful and hard to handle and this is what they clearly experienced when you answered honestly. It is also clear that they felt anger and frustration and took their feelings out on you. At source the problem is really theirs and they need to take ownership of it. Although they have tried to dump this on you, you must not accept this burden. If a drunkard abuses us, it can hurt ours feelings for a moment - then we tell ourselves he/she is drunk. After that we see the abusive language/behaviour as their problem and we focus on protecting ourselves from it while we get safely away. When we get home, most of us do not give a second thought to anything the drunk person has said about us - we just feel relieved to have left that behind. I think you need to take a similar attitude and approach to these work situations.

I

invisible2014

You can only be honest, it is the basis of trust. Sometimes reality is painful and hard to handle and this is what they clearly experienced when you answered honestly. It is also clear that they felt anger and frustration and took their feelings out on you. At source the problem is really theirs and they need to take ownership of it. Although they have tried to dump this on you, you must not accept this burden. If a drunkard abuses us, it can hurt ours feelings for a moment - then we tell ourselves he/she is drunk. After that we see the abusive language/behaviour as their problem and we focus on protecting ourselves from it while we get safely away. When we get home, most of us do not give a second thought to anything the drunk person has said about us - we just feel relieved to have left that behind. I think you need to take a similar attitude and approach to these work situations.
Thank you for your supportive message

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

It's made me so.ill I've not been able to get out of bed today .I was very shocked felt they was very rude to me .trying to make out I've been going round boasting about one site using more staff and I genuinely got asked by a colleague so just told her honestly and I feel so upset I don't want to go in next week at all
I understand, I've felt like that before. Use the weekend to get some rest and try and recharge. Next week might be a brighter outlook, who knows? Thinks can change quickly, I've seen that in my life.

I

invisible2014

I understand, I've felt like that before. Use the weekend to get some rest and try and recharge. Next week might be a brighter outlook, who knows? Thinks can change quickly, I've seen that in my life.
Thank you for understanding just feel am being bullied

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi Invisible,
So sorry that happened to you. Sending you hugs.
Hope you feel better very soon.