• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

feel stupid all the time

P

plantman

Hey so my main depression is I feel stupid and retarded. Problem they try and get you to do things such as CBT but there is one issue with that and makes it pointless. I actually am stupid because its being confirmed by other people and because I have a learning disorder, had a helping teach at school so it basically just confirms that I am stupid. Makes me want to just die like whats the point when everyone treats you like an idiot and talk to you with sarcasm when pretending to be nice.

Every school, institution I have ever being in i have being picked on for being slow, stupid, etc. Worse thing is when you're brought up into a lie thinking you are normal and have a normal life when in reality it was all just a lie. If you're not normal in the world you are screwed its fact.

Bod

Bod

When we moved from Australia to the UK I suffered from the bullies because of my accent and also suffered bad trauma too sadly. Yes like you I and many here have depression but please don't feel stupid at all as it is a mental health issue and plus you have a learning disorder does not make you stupid either so do not believe those fools who say it to you as sadly they are very INSECURE about them selfs and that is why they are like that. I do strongly believe that NOT one person in the world today is Normal at all, those idiots who treat you like that are losers and you my friend are a winner so please try not to let it get to you.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Hey so my main depression is I feel stupid and retarded. Problem they try and get you to do things such as CBT but there is one issue with that and makes it pointless. I actually am stupid because its being confirmed by other people and because I have a learning disorder, had a helping teach at school so it basically just confirms that I am stupid. Makes me want to just die like whats the point when everyone treats you like an idiot and talk to you with sarcasm when pretending to be nice.

Every school, institution I have ever being in i have being picked on for being slow, stupid, etc. Worse thing is when you're brought up into a lie thinking you are normal and have a normal life when in reality it was all just a lie. If you're not normal in the world you are screwed its fact.
Like @Bod said, having a learning disorder does not make you stupid. I think the word "stupid" should be stricken from every dictionary. It is never politically correct to call someone else stupid.

ht46

ht46

I have an undiagnosed learning disorder I know what it's like to feel stupid maths can bring me to tears. But I find I am stronger in other areas like sport, reading and art, find your strengths and focus on them don't let such a small part of who you are define you.

E

EclipticNight

The wise man knows that he knows nothing. Everyone can learn, we just don't all learn the same way. I'm good at a lot of things and was considered smart. I never passed pre calculus. Tried 4 times. Art means nothing to me and I don't analyze books. If you saw me in those classes you would think I was the biggest idiot around. My strengths are in logic.

You need to find your strength. What is it that helps you learn? Video games? Reading? Drawing? Baking? It could be anything. Once you find out how your brain retains information it becomes much easier. Schools really fail to teach this, it's all about memorizing facts and not learning how to learn.

I learned geography by playing a video game with earth's world map. It was fun so I retained the information. Math is not fun at all, it frustrates me to no end. I'm lousy at it. Just remember you never stop learning. Keep asking questions.

As said above your not stupid. Not knowing does not make you dumb, if it did everyone is cripplingy dumb. There's so much we don't know. If I had to define a person as stupid it would be someone looking at a huge hole in the ground, knowing exactly what it is and how gravity works and walking right in it expecting not to fall.

Also note my spelling is trash. Never was good at that either.

P

plantman

do not believe those fools who say it to you as sadly they are very INSECURE about them selfs and that is why they are like that.
See I don't believe that. Thats the default answer people give. The people bullying generally have high confidence.

SoftRain

SoftRain

I really dislike the word stupid. If you were stupid you could not hold a conversation nor type on here as well as you do.

Bod

Bod

See I don't believe that. Thats the default answer people give. The people bullying generally have high confidence.

With my bullies they were not of high confidence at all, they bullied me because of my accent and because it took the spotlight off them.

U

Usedup

I feel stupid all the time too. I hear the voices of my bullies telling me, memories of grades on the papers reminding me, the disappointment on my parents faces confirming for me my stupidity. I have a Master's Degree but all of the above is STILL what's in my head.