• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Feel so stuck

M

moving_tree_stump

I am feeling so incredibly stuck. There is too much to explain but I just can not stop doing things wrong and disappointing my wife. I feel like I can change and improve but then I'm just too lazy to actually make any positive changes. For example, I know that regular meditation is good for me but I only ever do it for a week or two and then it drifts off.

My wife then gets pissed that I haven't followed through with something I promised again and I get defensive or just completely shut down emotionally. Then the whole thing repeats again and again!!

Miho

Miho

Maybe you are being to hard on yourself. I am wondering if its you yourself that thinks you are doing everything wrong and are dissapointing your wife or did she tell you?

I do it too. Think I do everything wrong and let people down. But with your wife maybe you could ask her?

M

moving_tree_stump

Thanks for responding. She has said many times that she feels disappointed in me and hurt by me a significant amount of the time.

Miho

Miho

I am so sorry to hear that. That must be so hard to hear.

One thing I have noticed with my disorders is that my mind can play tricks on me. Either because of guilt or wanting to please the other person.

Is it possible to give some example?
I dont mean to intrude or pri. So Please dont feel like I am forcing you to do so. Its all ok

M

moving_tree_stump

Well, we're in the process of moving house and I've been coordinating a lot of it. We've agreed that I'll tell her as soon as I find out anything from the solicitors for example. So we got an email today in the afternoon and I forgot to tell her about it until it came up on a zoom call in the evening. These small things have happened a lot of times so she gets really pissed. I feel bad because it should have been such an easy thing for me to have done. But in feeling bad about it I feel more self pity than I do empathy for her. This just makes the situation spiral down

C

celticlass

Can I ask do you have depression? It does result in lack of motivation and forgetfulness in some instances.

M

moving_tree_stump

Can I ask do you have depression? It does result in lack of motivation and forgetfulness in some instances.
Well I've always been quite forgetful and definitely lazy but yeah, I've had depression on and off for a few years. So you're right that it's probably part of the issue here.

C

celticlass

Yes it possibly is and of course moving house is very stressful. Take it easy and I hope house move goes well.

P

POB

Please, give yourself a break. Saying these hurtful things about yourself will make you feel worse. You don't sound like a lazy person to me. Can you talk to your psychiatrist or therapist?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Fairy Lucretia feel wrong Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 20
AvadaKedavra15 Just diagnosed, feel so alone Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
P I feel like no one understands. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
D Feel so paranoid can't switch my mind off Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
D i feel suicidal Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 28
D Feel so anxious everyday Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
C Feel like it’s all or nothing Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
S Feel so lonely Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
Fairy Lucretia don't feel well Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
C Should I keep my distance from people I care about until I feel more stable? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
F I feel like a drug addict going through withdrawal. I am addicted to manic states. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
P I feel like I have no one to talk to. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 16
G do you ever feel worse by trying to talk about your problems Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
B Feel like my gf is been manipulative Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
EarthChild Feel like self harming so bad... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
V When it doesn't feel so ''temporary'' afterall Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 25
C Disappearing and ghosting people when you feel abandoned Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
Fairy Lucretia do you ever feel not wanted here? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
B Dont know how i feel Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
UnstableSolace How do I externally feel for someone? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
Fairy Lucretia feel erally ill Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
Fairy Lucretia feel like taking an overdose Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 22
Delilah67 Feel hysterical and can’t deal with pain Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
Fairy Lucretia feel so unbelievabley low Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
IvyandJade Does Anyone Else Feel This Way Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
L I feel unwanted and hated by everyone Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
U Easy to make a BPD feel worthless? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
Fairy Lucretia feel like no one understands Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
Justafriend95 I feel sick Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
S I'm taking a vow of silence (I feel ashamed of myself) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
wraziel I feel stable. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
N Utterly useless and feel used! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
D I haven't slept all night and I feel really anxious, is anyone there? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
S I feel so strange (I want to end it) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
P I don't feel like myself Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
LittleMissNameless I feel fan-freaking-tastic Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 0
P Does anyone else feel like they aren't taken seriously? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
L Self harm attempt triggered by boyfriend being friends with his ex, feel suicidal Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
wraziel I need feel frustration. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
Sadbutgettingbetter feel like i can't stand myself right now Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
Connorisnotokay Being drunk is the only time I feel something Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
R Relationship ended - feel depressed and confused Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
Connorisnotokay I feel like my brain has taken a step back Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
Fairy Lucretia i feel wrong Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
wraziel Feel a mix of anger and sad. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
S Kind of stuck... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
EarthChild Stuck between a rock and a hard place... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
sh3ll_c4t Stuck on childhood abuse Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1