• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feel So Awful

M

Mrs Scamp

I feel so depressed and worried. I really hate myself as I cause problems and arguments. I upset my husband frequently by not being very nice which causes arguments and upsets my son. I’ve been on antidepressants for years but keep changing as they give me night terrors and I scream. I switched to Mirtazapine nearly two months ago but struggled with the drugged up feeling all day so halved the dose as my gp suggested. That’s helped but now I don’t think they’re working at all as I feel so low. Shall I go back to the normal dose or try a different one? I’m so mixed up and confused about everything in my life even though I do try to do yoga once a week and voluntary work once a week.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
30mg is the therapeutic dose, are you taking that?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi ,its so positive you are doing yoga and volunteering ,for those 2 things you are amazing ,it sounds like you care for your son very much ,he is lucky to have you x welcome here x hope to see you around x

D

dansell123

Don't hate yourself, just try to be more mindful of the things you do that cause other people distress and try to work on those things. I am glad you are doing volunteer work, that is really good for your mental health--generosity of spirit is very good for the heart. You might want to try breathing exercise (light meditation) as well as taking up the five buddhist precepts if you haven't already (don't kill anything, don't intoxicate yourself, don't cheat, don't steal, don't lie).

M

Mrs Scamp

hi ,its so positive you are doing yoga and volunteering ,for those 2 things you are amazing ,it sounds like you care for your son very much ,he is lucky to have you x welcome here x hope to see you around x
Thank you, that means a lot

M

Mrs Scamp

Don't hate yourself, just try to be more mindful of the things you do that cause other people distress and try to work on those things. I am glad you are doing volunteer work, that is really good for your mental health--generosity of spirit is very good for the heart. You might want to try breathing exercise (light meditation) as well as taking up the five buddhist precepts if you haven't already (don't kill anything, don't intoxicate yourself, don't cheat, don't steal, don't lie).
Thank you, very helpful advice

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Had an argument with housemate and feel awful. Depression Forum 13
M I feel awful Depression Forum 5
C Feel absolutely awful Depression Forum 11
S People are talking about me online. I feel awful. Please help. Depression Forum 12
S I feel so awful. I feel suicidal but I know I need to keep going. Depression Forum 4
Mimikins Weaned off anti-depressants - now feel awful :( Advice? Depression Forum 16
M Feel awful Depression Forum 1
C I feel so alone and 😭 so hurt Depression Forum 5
M Do you feel guilt (of your depression) or not ? Depression Forum 21
K I feel jealous of old people. Depression Forum 12
P feel stupid all the time Depression Forum 8
bellwether I wish I didn’t feel this way Depression Forum 1
soulsearcher been sleeping a lot last few days and feel weak no strength or energy Depression Forum 2
bellwether Why Do I Feel Good One Min & Sh** The Next?… Depression Forum 26
J I feel like I'm doing everything wrong Depression Forum 4
L Does any else feel like me? Depression Forum 11
T Do you feel better in the mornings? Depression Forum 23
B I have a great life, still feel like shit most days Depression Forum 12
P Feel worse than before. Depression Forum 12
P Even though I have support I still feel alone Depression Forum 20
S Anyone else feel like they are on the outside, looking in? Depression Forum 12
B I feel suicidal Depression Forum 30
JogoLagomorpha I feel so inadequate Depression Forum 8
S As we get older, aren't we supposed to feel more put together? Depression Forum 3
O I Feel Bad For The Heart Depression Forum 2
S I achieved something this morning but I don't feel good about it. Depression Forum 8
X I feel so tired all the time. I just don't want to live like this. Depression Forum 18
R I feel like I lost it. Depression Forum 31
L Feel like it’s my own fault Depression Forum 9
sagetea 123 I feel like I am going around in circles... Depression Forum 6
KittyCat92 Just feel like I need to share what’s in my head right now Depression Forum 7
R i feel like a degenerate Depression Forum 3
T Do you feel the modern world discourages novelty Depression Forum 8
L I Feel Like Lashing Out... Depression Forum 10
sirhamsy Today i feel so empty Depression Forum 2
Sendmetothevoid13 Do you ever feel like you're existing and not living? Depression Forum 37
K I feel very lost in general Depression Forum 11
ILikePancakes I Feel Like I shouldn't Get Help Depression Forum 3
B Feel like ending it Depression Forum 12
Amelia2020 Feel depressed about how distant and cold my family is Depression Forum 6
I Feel very depressed Depression Forum 21
P Feel so unloved Depression Forum 6
doexdeer Do you ever feel like Depression Forum 7
KittyCat92 How does it feel to say it out loud for the first time? Depression Forum 20
P I feel so useless and depressed because I can't drive Depression Forum 2
T I feel so guilty because of how apathetic/empty I am. Depression Forum 2
K Feel like i'm slowly giving up Depression Forum 3
ILikePancakes I Feel Sad Depression Forum 2
Sxzopen I feel lonely and I want to disappear Depression Forum 7
C When you just feel overwhelmed by it all Depression Forum 14