• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feel like they used my childhood records against me.

porkpie

porkpie

I think its normal practice for the CMHT too find out as much about a person to help build a clinical picture of that person and get to know them. They do this by asking parents or care givers innocent questions about experiences or difficulties in childhood, ect. But don't be unsuspecting they come with all the niceties but they are filling in a rick assessment about you and anything from childhood which sets alarm bells will be put in that risk assessment.

I grew up in various foster and children's homes so back in 2010 when the CMHT came sniffing around my house I didn't have anybody for them to contact and ask questions about me and they couldn't get access to my closed social services files or school reports so they got a occupational therapist on my case to befriend me and he was very interested in my documents I kept from childhood and school reports and it was only after we worked up a trustful professional relationship he asked me if he could read my folders to build up a bigger picture on me.

My mistake! some years later I read my risk assessment and that occupational therapist used abstracts of my school reports and child records and but all the bad things in them in the risk assessment like when I set my bedroom on fire at 7 years old.... I feel like he breached my trust... So be careful.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Ah that must have been really disappointing to find the OT was using that information and sharing it without your knowledge.

I understand that they find it helpful in some ways to build up an idea of someone's background, but sometimes I think that they should stop wasting time looking into someone's past and make more of an effort to help improve their present and future.