Feel like life is meaningless.

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

I have no one to talk to and nothing makes me happy anymore.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
You can talk to us, were listen.
Try some new hobbies to.
Take care

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

Growing up my life happened naturally and orderly, and good and bad happened and made sense to some degree and I felt like I was making progress.

Now I am 35 and not sure i want to have children or that a job is that important to me, and the purpose and direction of my life seems lost and aimless. I thought life would be more beautiful, richer, deeper, more friends, events, etc.

I would love it if war ended and everyone became vegetarian and we started addressing environmental problems and overpopulation, but in the meantime I struggle with my own personal affairs and how much I feel bored with daily struggles and such.

I have things I can do to occupy my time, like studying and playing games, but the purpose seems a little lost to me. I have lost direction to my life after several hospitalizations and failures where I had always assumed success, like in job and marriage and friends. I thought my life would be like it is in the movies, but instead it is boring, monotonous, and I feel nihilistic.

M

Mr Ploppy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It’s a mid life crises qwerty.

I have no answer, but I do find fannying about on the Internet helps.

My life is like the movies, have you seen the film Leaving Las Vegas, well it’s a bit like that, without the prostitute and well I don’t live in Las Vegas I live in Wolverhampton UK and I don’t think he had a cat, well I have a cat.

Have you thought about reading a good book, sit down think to yourself ‘shall I read a book?’, then think ‘no it’s very boring’, but that will pass 5 seconds.

I bought a kindle, spent a day loading up 12 99p books, haven’t looked at the thing since, but if I ever want to read the autobiography of one of Nolan sisters, i’m sorted.

5 years ago I married and took on 3 step kids, totally changed my life, I can now say I’m the proud step dad to three wonderful children. Ain’t seen them in 5 years, probably best for all concerned if I never saw them again. But I can now say I’m the proud step dad to three wonderful children.

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

At first I thought it was midlife crisis, and some of it is that, but part of me was this way when I was a teenager and in college too. I felt like everything is a rat race.

Now I think I feel less desperate but to an extent I am a little tired of all my drama, I just bounce from one extreme to another, including numbness.

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

Existential crisis has followed me through every phase of my life...