Feel like Im stuck in a hard place (health related)

B

biggerdandy

So, Ive been to the dentist, and it turns out my stress from the last few years has damaged a lot of my teeth through developing bruxism. It's filed most of my front teeth flat and moved some out of place. I feel like my smile is hideous now and it really upsets me. If I carry on the way I am, I will need completely false teeth on my front top from the canines inwards. I've been told I need to address my stress for there to be any real point in me going forward, but as you know, most of my stress is down to the abuse i suffered at home for years.

What do I do? confront my family, speak my mind at the risk of being disowned and get my health back?

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya

Have you ever been to a group of survivors and seen what they say is the best way forward? Confronting the family isn't something to do lightly but neither is sticking with all the feelings bottled up inside you for years like this. There is a group called safeline.org.uk‎ who maybe able to help you - I don't know them mind so its just a suggestion.

You need to work this out soon as its having major effects on your health.

B

biggerdandy

Hiya

Have you ever been to a group of survivors and seen what they say is the best way forward? Confronting the family isn't something to do lightly but neither is sticking with all the feelings bottled up inside you for years like this. There is a group called safeline.org.uk‎ who maybe able to help you - I don't know them mind so its just a suggestion.

You need to work this out soon as its having major effects on your health.
safeline is for rape survivors and sexual abuse victims. Im looking at counselling now through my doctor but I dont know what I can do beyond this.

I need to move out sometime soon anyway, I have other problems to sort like transition, but getting money together is a nightmare to even live independantly